Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Alex Callinicos/SWP vs Laurie Penny/New Statesman Facebook handbags

Status
Not open for further replies.
Owen was chuffed when the bill arrived and he had to say good by to her. Unfortunately he has trouble expressing himself so it looks like he is smiling and happy to be in her presence.

The biggest prick out of those three has to be Schofield. :D

She's not wrong - didn't watch it all as it is obvious as to what she'd say. Why would you? I'd put money on that anyone here wouldn't feel the need to give a lass a tap on the arse as she walked by. Maybe 20 year ago but that kind of thing is becoming less common, isn't it?

Just trying to think of how some of my friends would react if I gave their arse a stroke.... black eyes and bust lips.

It's not the content of the arguments or the discussion that's the key here, it's that she (and by extension all the other penny types) are now starting to dominate even this sort of space for public debate - rather than say, a single mother forced into work by active labour market measures and trapped there who is forced to out up with a gropey-feely boss as the financial consequences would be too much to bear. The branding is working and now pushing the product into ever-expanding areas. And of course, the other journo - Liz Fraser - also attended private school and oxbridge.

It's not the content of the arguments or the discussion that's the key here, it's that she (and by extension all the other penny types) are now starting to dominate even this sort of space for public debate - rather than say, a single mother forced into work by active labour market measures and trapped there who is forced to out up with a gropey-feely boss as the financial consequences would be too much to bear. The branding is working and now pushing the product into ever-expanding areas. And of course, the other journo - Liz Fraser - also attended private school and oxbridge.

The framing of the content is important. That being a sexist Jeremy Irons quote starting the thing up. Then the complete imbecility of the male host and the absurd 'ha ha it's a joke with us' at the end etc.

The executive producer of This Morning is Fiona Keenaghan who is also
"Controller, Daytime & Lifestyle
Fiona Keenaghan oversees and manages the production and commercial aspects of the ITV Studios Daytime slate.

Fiona joined ITV in 2000 as Producer/Director on Tonight with Trevor McDonald and was responsible for landing many of the exclusive interviews which established the show as a success. She went on to edit Loose Women during its infancy before returning to Tonight as Deputy Editor and then Editor. In 2006 she became an Executive Producer within Granada Factual where she created the series Ann Widdecombe Versus and the high profile RTS nominated Billy Connolly: Journey to the Edge of the World. In 2008 she took over as Controller of Daytime restructuring all aspects of the department resulting in a resurgence of success and expansion for the established brands This Morning; Loose Women and The Jeremy Kyle Show as well as wide ranging commercial and international opportunities including a US deal for Jeremy Kyle."

From a journalistic background producing McDonald, now happily into producing this poison.

Do they get paid for it? Fuck me

Sunny Hundal.

Sky News pay Sunny Hundal to tweet during Murnaghan.

The Guardian pay Sunny Hundal to type a bit about whether it's right or not for Sky News to pay Sunny Hundal to tweet during Murnaghan.

Sunny Hundal says "They don't tell me what I can or cannot say", defending freedom of speech, he notes "I have criticised the BBC and Sky many times, and so far they haven't black-balled me"

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2012/jul/24/ethical-pay-bloggers-tweet

0.jpg

To quote their hero:
'If you want a picture of the future, imagine a BBCNews24 interview on top of a Hundal face — forever.'

(Also that BBC caption makes no sense - if it's elected it as representative/or/not as the Commons so how can that be feared? :mad: )

Are you utterly self-absorbed? Has your humdrum priviliged upper-middle-class upbringing prevented you from developing any meaningful sense of identity beyond commodities? Is pretending to be working class not working out for you? Do you have a really shit or non-existant personality and need to compensate? Then worry not, all your problems can be solved, with a twat hat:

hipster-hat.jpg

hipster+hat.jpg

mens%20oatmeal%20slouchy%20hipster%20crochet%20hat%20slouch%20beenie%20beanie%20handmade%20gifts%20for%20guys%20under%2050%20dolla-f97436.jpg

hipster_hat_in_moss_2_by_liebetacos-d40xgks.jpg

For just £500 (or 10% of whatever's left in your trust fund) you too can be the talk of the scene, and hide the fact you're a shallow empty vapid husk of middle-class ennui and narcissism! Make cheques out to "Delroy Booth" - the first 50 orders get the book "how to grow a beard" (retail £75) by esteemed hipster beardologist Delroy Booth for free!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom