Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Alex Callinicos/SWP vs Laurie Penny/New Statesman Facebook handbags

Status
Not open for further replies.
She knows her audience and her audience love her.

She is most twitter-followed of all New Statesman journalists. Her audience is also the Friedrich Ebert Stiftung (the German equivalent of the Fabian Society :facepalm: )

https://twitter.com/grrrlsarestrong/status/303883426879111169

and 4chan - the weird guys behind 'Anonymous' that occasionally down a government website for half a day - there's an offer from them for her to go on their boards ! ?

https://twitter.com/PennyRed/status/303914110947581952

she did it in secret, back when we were still facebook friends, I bet good money she'd deny it

Par for the course, though, with her. Although I'd suggest that simply fact-checking her output and asking her to explain her many and varied differences with established fact might still be a vaguely fun way to spend an evening if I didn't have anything better to do. Nothing malicious, false or spiteful for the sake of it, just asking for explanations as to why her versions of event and interpretations of established fact conflict so much and so often with so many other people's sounds fair.

tumblr_miixuh9Icc1rvam4uo1_500.jpg

"In which @owenjones84 and me have solidarity-tea (solidaritea?). Because fighting the good fight can be lonely work"

Not sure what is worse, their two smug faces in the photo or the putrid conception of what she thinks progressive politics is about in the quote that accompanies it

Our Owen suffers from the same genetic disorder as myself. Upon reaching 18 years of age you do not look any older with each year that passes.

It's great. You only need to shave three or four times a week for example.

E2A: I am amazed she hasn't turned the book the other way round so we can read the spine and what dribble she is pretending to read.

Marked card :(

An interesting turn of phrase by Molly, "guttersnipe".

mollycrabapple@mollycrabapple
They're hanging blowups of my art tonight at The Savoy for a Brit Awards afterparty. Going to go, feel like guttersnipe in palace.

@mollycrabapple why would you feel like guttersnipe you're well posh and used to such functions?

@Firky Oh man, are you going to dissect my tweets on that obsessive message board fan thread you have on Laurie and all her friends?

@Firky but to answer, the poshest parties I've been at, I've been hired entertainment. Which, while pretty good work, is still the help

Our Owen suffers from the same genetic disorder as myself. Upon reaching 18 years of age you do not look any older with each year that passes.

It's great. You only need to shave three or four times a week for example.

E2A: I am amazed she hasn't turned the book the other way round so we can read the spine and what dribble she is pretending to read.

Looks suspiciously like the back of Heywood (Third Edition).:D

Any GovPol takers? (Route B...natch)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom