Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Alex Callinicos/SWP vs Laurie Penny/New Statesman Facebook handbags

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gutted.

BCBpwsBCQAEirOe.jpg:large

It's based on the assumption you should be rich enough not to need to lower yourself to working like a mere commoner if you want to go to Oxford. It's got nothing to do with "concentrating fully on your studies" it's just a way of keeping the poors out, as Damien Shannon has exposed. That's what that fool in the Coal not Dole outfit was defending earlier on, whether or not she knows it. And the irony is Damien Shannon is no lefty, but understands this, whereas that "Model/activist" Ella Raff in the smouldering "lets play dressing up as a dirty prole" outfit would appear to have some pretension of being a left-wing radical but defends the means by which colleges exclude on the basis of income.
college email just in! said:
May Ball tickets will go on sale at 22:00 on Sunday. Standard tickets are £120 and dining tickets are £160. Dining includes a Champagne reception with a four-course meal - book early to avoid disappointment, as these tickets will go extremely quickly!
(It doesn't mention anywhere in the email that it'll be black tie. No need to state the obvious!)

Need #FridayReads? Try Discordia by Penny & Crabapple, like Tornado-Chasers, running towards political chaos.

That is the last time I click on a trending hashtag.

(I don't molly mind Molly)

"This seems a little bit fiddly, I know, but there are good reasons why it’s set up like this for now. I was just down at the bookshop helping out and dropping off some supplies, and the damage to all those rare books is just horrible to see. "
Attagirl!

"This seems a little bit fiddly, I know, but there are good reasons why it’s set up like this for now. I was just down at the bookshop helping out and dropping off some supplies, and the damage to all those rare books is just horrible to see. "
Attagirl!
Damage to books is hard to see, to be fair.

Attagirl!
Reminiscent of her Herculean efforts to save the victims of the New York hurricane

that is terrible, dont know if i can afford to get to London this week because i've had no work since last friday but will do my best to come down at some point.

Housing crisis again. I'm so bloody sick of this. I wish I could afford to live somewhere stable.
Pro-tips. Stop your bratty fucking moaning, look for a normal job, share a place with normals in a normals area, do your shit opinion mongering in your spare time.

:p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom