Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Alex Callinicos/SWP vs Laurie Penny/New Statesman Facebook handbags

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re the misogynist cuntery on the internet thing, James Delingpole just tweeted Toby Young unfavourably reviewing Suzanne Moore's article on Gove/free schools, and said Toby Young had 'given her such a good seeing-to she'll have to walk bow-legged for weeks'. He's deleted it now, but really? He's on fucking Question Time tonight. That's how acceptable this sort of crap is.

Delingpoles vermin though, actual vermin- we know that. Good point about him being on qt though- the closest thing to a left wing view is supplied by owen jones and milkwater liberals :mad:

Delingpoles vermin though, actual vermin- we know that. Good point about him being on qt though- the closest thing to a left wing view is supplied by owen jones and milkwater liberals :mad:

Indeed. Whereas Delingpole is a proper out-there, batshit, libertarian space cadet cuntshovel mooncalf.

Also this BBC Extra Guest they have tweeting live during the programme for an "alternative" viewpoint...right, left or in the middle, I think it's been Oxbridge everytime bar twice; Harry Cole who went to Edinburgh and someone else who went to Durham.

Indeed. Whereas Delingpole is a proper out-there, batshit, libertarian space cadet cuntshovel mooncalf.

Also this BBC Extra Guest they have tweeting live during the programme for an "alternative" viewpoint...right, left or in the middle, I think it's been Oxbridge everytime bar twice; Harry Cole who went to Edinburgh and someone else who went to Durham.
Nah. Sunny Hundal's Uxbridge, not Oxbridge.

Re the misogynist cuntery on the internet thing, James Delingpole just tweeted Toby Young unfavourably reviewing Suzanne Moore's article on Gove/free schools, and said Toby Young had 'given her such a good seeing-to she'll have to walk bow-legged for weeks'. He's deleted it now, but really? He's on fucking Question Time tonight. That's how acceptable this sort of crap is.

I was just coming to post that - the editor of the Telegraph's apologised, and Delingpole's apologised profusely.

suzanne moore@suzanne_moore
I haven't deleted THAT tweet. I haven't accepted the so-called apology. I dont play by their 'gentleman's rules'. Let's see.

And then, when Ian Gallagher explained the above...

1. suzanne moore@suzanne_moore
    @gallaghereditor you condone? ‏@JamesDelingpole @toadmeister gives Suzanne Moore such a seeing-to she'll be walking bow-legged for months
    Expand
  2. 4m Tony Gallagher@gallaghereditor
    @suzanne_moore obviously not. An appalling comment. He is right to have deleted & apologised profusely
    Expand
1m suzanne moore@suzanne_moore
@gallaghereditor I appreciate that thank you and will think further on what action I will be taking.

Hints of legal action - the rich protestors retreat.

TBF spiney norman made similar 'hints' on here, and I have no reason to think him a 'rich protestor' :D

He's in on it too now, he's got Laurie Penny's number :eek:

invasion-of-the-body-snatchers-78.jpg

I think Moore's having a bit of a wobble about the security of her position at the minute.

what makes me sick is that they're all mates and that this is a playground squabble. when you're mates with delingpole it's time to have a word surely

Are they mates? No idea if they are or not, or whether it's just some kind of journo camaraderie of the sort we're told goalkeepers have.

Are they mates? No idea if they are or not, or whether it's just some kind of journo camaraderie of the sort we're told goalkeepers have.
RCP/Living Marxism/IoI fellow traveller & professional contrarian TV producer Martin Durkin is a fan of both Delingpole and Young (and others):

In our newspapers, at the moment, we have fantastically popular, radical writers like James Delingpole and Janet Daley and Rod Liddle and Toby Young and Simon Heffer and Melanie Philips. I am often asked why, on our TVs, we don’t we see much of these enormously popular columnists

http://www.martindurkin.com/short-thoughts/kiss-goodbye-james-delingpole

So maybe there is an actual secret club :hmm:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom