Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Alex Callinicos/SWP vs Laurie Penny/New Statesman Facebook handbags

Status
Not open for further replies.
he went on the road

acen_2011___the_end_is_nigh_by_chiisai_senpai-d3gwgso.jpg

Reactions: ymu
suzanne moore@suzanne_moore
RT abuse, boycott these papers and blogs, use Malicious Communications Act. Report threats to police, Name and Shame Join me in stopping it

call the cops, more laws, i really dont like the way this is going (especially as this site was accused of being a hate site by lp on facebook and philip hensher was recently claiming threats of violence that never existed)

Serves us right for disagreeing with our superiors, eh?

One thing's clear after 454 pages: Laurie Penny has beaten that Tasmin Ormond woman out of sight for the award of chief brake on the revolution.

:D

The clincher.

Welcome back. Can I be your replacement pessimist while you're away? I do believe the left is totally fucked in the UK for the forseeable.

Delingpoles vermin though, actual vermin- we know that. Good point about him being on qt though- the closest thing to a left wing view is supplied by owen jones and milkwater liberals :mad:
someone pointed out the other day that Nigel Farage has been on it more times in the last few years than all the trade unions leaders put together. (not that I think trade union leaders are great, but Farage represents far fewer people than they do)

someone pointed out the other day that Nigel Farage has been on it more times in the last few years than all the trade unions leaders put together. (not that I think trade union leaders are great, but Farage represents far fewer people than they do)

the beeb does its best to ignore union activty these days, unless its fuel, or some airport strike where they can interview some cunts who've had to reschedule their two weeks in the seychelles

Alex Callinicos hilariously freaking out on facebook

Yes, forgive me for sinning against the Holy Internet: mea culpa. Thanks to Paul LeBlanc for making a serious contribution to the discussion (something shamefully absent to date). Two observations: (i) LeBlanc ignores my stress on the importance of the united front, where we work on many issues with a broad spectrum of forces, including the likes of Owen Jones; (ii) Lenin's practice, we both agree, was very variable. I'm dubious about extrapolating from what he said when in a common party with the Mensheviks and treating this as eternal wisdom. 1917 redefined the nature of revolutionary politics. Of course there was room for debate within this framework, as there is definitely within that defining the political basis of the SWP, as anyone who has followed our recent history knows. But it is always necessary to define the limits of diversity, and the parameters of comradely debate. That in itself is a political choice - not just for the SWP, but for the ISO and other revolutionary organizations. No amount of playing holier than thou (I'm not accusing Paul of this but it's true of plenty of others) can evade this choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom