Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Alex Callinicos/SWP vs Laurie Penny/New Statesman Facebook handbags

Status
Not open for further replies.
<derail alert>
I always thought Meatloaf was singing about an act that is still banned in many states of the USA.
No, this is what he claimed that he won't do: "never forget the way you feel right now", "never forgive myself if we don't go all the way tonight", "never do it better than I do it with you, so long, so long" and sooner or later he won't be screwing around. </derail>

I've just realised I haven't had actual meatloaf in decades. We used to eat it all the time when we were trying to assimilate to Canadian culture.

Pro-tips. Stop your bratty fucking moaning, look for a normal job, share a place with normals in a normals area, do your shit opinion mongering in your spare time.

:p

Or, more sarcastically:

'Yep, those hostels are pretty grim, depressing and soul-destroying places aren't they?'

There's been some interesting twitter arguing with Laurie Penny, who seems to be endorsing the Nick Cohen article on the inherent sexism of the far-left, and Owen Jones. There's too much to quote, but it's worth looking at. The argument being that the left is inherently sexist, more sexist than society at large, and sexist specifically because it is the left, because it is based on the centrality of working-class politics. Owen disagreed with this. Meanwhile, Nick Cohen leans back in his chair, laughs and lights at cigar to celebrate a job well done.

Luckily, because Owen Jones lives in London and is therefore a fellow human being, Laurie's offered to meet up and discuss it over some food with him. But she's very disappointed in him.

Next up after Nick Cohen solves sexism within left organisations, Douglas Murray and Richard Littlejohn give advice on how to be proper anti-fascists and to finally rid all traces of racism from left organisations forever.

Becuse as we all know, political correctness beat racism in the 80's and it will beat sexism too.

There's been some interesting twitter arguing with Laurie Penny, who seems to be endorsing the Nick Cohen article on the inherent sexism of the far-left, and Owen Jones. There's too much to quote, but it's worth looking at. The argument being that the left is inherently sexist, more sexist than society at large, and sexist because it is the left. Owen disagreed. Nick Cohen leans back in his chair, laughs and lights at cigar.

Luckily, because Owen Jones lives in London and is therefore a fellow human being, Laurie's offered to meet up and discuss it over some food with him. But she's very disappointed in him.

Next up after Nick Cohen solves sexism within left organisations, Douglas Murray and Richard Littlejohn give advice on how to be proper anti-fascists and to finally rid all traces of racism from left organisations forever.

It's like a reminder of how rubbish it used to be when you were off school sick, with only tedious shit like A Country Practice and Sons & Daughters on telly :mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom