Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Alex Callinicos/SWP vs Laurie Penny/New Statesman Facebook handbags

Status
Not open for further replies.
So how do you want to do this then?

Respectfully, with people who actually have a clue about my work and don't fling about rude baseless accusations then expect me to respond as if they've got a valid argument.

But since that doesn't appear to be an option, I'll be off. Some of you lot still don't seem to understand that I don't have any sort of moral duty to answer your stupid questions or respond to your lies.

Sad really, I actually thought we were getting somewhere.

#We call it politics#

Is the switch to the first person plural a creative writing device you kids are taught these days, btw? Does it heighten the narrative in some way...or do you actually feel you're speaking for a genuine flesh and blood demographic...and if so, could you describe these people...or even put a name to them?

Respectfully, with people who actually have a clue about my work and don't fling about rude baseless accusations then expect me to respond as if they've got a valid argument.

But since that doesn't appear to be an option, I'll be off. Some of you lot still don't seem to understand that I don't have any sort of moral duty to answer your stupid questions or respond to your lies.

No, how? You mean through the state and top down.

Oh god, so there's to be no comment on peoples- and I mean peoples, not just people you'd like to think oppose the idea of privilege theory- just someone posted a pic of your quotidian room hur hur we must all be shitty trolls and opressed white males etc.

theres quite a bit here since you swanned off to do work, like none of us do OBVIOUSLY, regarding the role of unions and gender politics within unions. Meat and issues.

You'll not bother with that though I suppose. Far easier to dismiss it completely os someone reposted a pic you'd already posted on the internets and then off for Bengali Chai at Firebox ffs
(my bold as can't cut)

I've been finding that bit really interesting. Definitely worth reading.

your accusations have always been entirely well founded of course. you're a one you are

You seem to be remarkably selective in your reading of the discussion here.

Your work? All I can see from your work is that it divides the people that matter, I bet you can't do the washing up either.

You have a moral duty to address your accusations though.

Until you stop thinking you are the 'smartest' kid from a 'smart' school, you won't get anything.

That's a shame, I was starting to have a dialogue with LP about gender/role politics.

@lauripenny : hope you read my posts, see you next time.
You need to get yourself a TUC-funded mentoring role for crap "journalists". All aboard the gravy train!

You need to get yourself a TUC-funded mentoring role for crap "journalists". All aboard the gravy train!
No, I work for a living.

It was nice to see her respond a little - soon she'll be here for hours like the rest of us.

Talking of moral duty, I wonder how 'M' is, still alive? Hope she's looking after or at least keeping in touch with her 'friend'.
And the other disabled people she's interviewed for other articles, it's not just one, although M is probably the worst off.

It's not about your work btw it's about how capital has used female entry to the labour market in order to restructure whilst using the rhetoric of female emancipation as cover. Stop being so self -obsessed.

It's not about your work btw it's about how capital has used female entry to the labour market in order to restructure whilst using the rhetoric of female emancipation as cover. Stop being so self -obsessed.
I think her actual understanding/knowledge is limited in addition to the lack of lived experience class-wise (obviously she can't help the class she was born into, but she could do a lot more to educate herself).

Well exactly- claiming that more women in the boardrooms will somehow solve gender equality conveniently brushes over the fact that the boardrooms are still the problem. It's feminism as a decoy for rampant neoliberalism, and I hate it. I honestly couldn't care less about women in the boardrooms. When are people going to start asking en masse whether a female cleaner, as opposed to a female banker, can 'have it all'?
No swuxdj word as detractive you parasum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom