Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Alex Callinicos/SWP vs Laurie Penny/New Statesman Facebook handbags

Status
Not open for further replies.
“We Communists are used to losing. Like Clare Solomon. I tell Camila that she won’t really become a leader until she learns what it is to lose. Like Clare Solomon.”

Beaten by a bloke whose main manifesto was opening up student union funding to lesser known sports and didn't even turn up to the hustings.

I just luurve the way she moves the chairs drinks aside as she approaches her 'natural' place at the table

At 1 Police Plaza in New York City, our cell was 5-by-7, freezing cold, with a padded bench just long enough for three of us to sit on. A fourth woman was curled on the floor. In the corner, there was a non-functioning sink and a toilet. When one woman needed to use it, we formed a line to block her from the male officers. In the 10 hours I was held, there was one meal: Four slices of bread in soggy Saran wrap, a packet of mayo and a mini carton of milk.
It's the Day in a Life of Ivan Denisovich for our times.

Beaten by a bloke whose main manifesto was opening up student union funding to lesser known sports and didn't even turn up to the hustings.

I just luurve the way she moves the chairs drinks aside as she approaches her 'natural' place at the table
She's an appallingly shit speaker. Stumbling over 6 lines of cobblers? And did someone hide her chair? What's. Going. On.

Oh right, I watched a bit more. They all had to stand? I see.

i noticed she's changed her 'about me' statement which previously used to say

Ellie can occasionally be heard debating with fellow political types. She has appeared on Newsnight, BBC Radio 5, Sky News, ITV News, and in the London Evening Standard. She has also given talks at several conferences, including People Power and 6 Billion Ways.

her reference to 'fellow political types' speaks volumes

she just told me on twitter she speaks differently to a-political people

(after her and owen ganged up on a gay blogger for calling david laws bit on the side his fuck buddy)

Related news:

Current liberal commentator du jour Owen Jones joins yesteryear's anti-apartheid movement brahmin Gillian Slovo, ACPO's quisling academic of choice Clifford Stott
and others at 'Collisions, Coalitions and Riotous Subjects', which takes place at London South Bank University on Friday.

...a one-day conference designed to interrogate the relationship between the Riots and re-shaped inequalities of race, class, place, gender, sexuality in a post-crash, austerity era...
http://www.lsbu.ac.uk/ahs/news/010612.shtml

From a recent report from the Greater Manchester Police Authority on the policing of major events

The force should continue to work closely with Dr Cliff Stott (University of Liverpool) re tactics to successfully target trouble-makers within a crowd whilst leaving the peaceful majority to go about their business.

A key member of Aufehben has also been involved in some dubious work around public order policing and training cops to be more effective in dealing with crowds etc..(which coincidently following on from the Daueve pedo stuff above, also had libcom admins engaging in all kinds of gymnastics to defend 'their guy' rather than just admit it all looks somewhat dodgy)

From a recent report from the Greater Manchester Police Authority on the policing of major events

A key member of Aufehben has also been involved in some dubious work around public order policing and training cops to be more effective in dealing with crowds etc..(which coincidently following on from the Daueve pedo stuff above, also had libcom admins engaging in all kinds of gymnastics to defend 'their guy' rather than just admit it all looks somewhat dodgy)
Repost:

http://libcom.org/forums/general/cop-consultant-reading-list-17102011

Unless you know the ins and outs (personal and political) of a tiny set of people spread across Europe, the history of their interactions and so on, then you are just not going to get what is going on and what actually happened. And frankly, I spent too long on this this time last year, today I'm on a train off on my hols and really reluctant to get back into it all, esp typing on a phone. Maybe wheni get back.

Unless you know the ins and outs (personal and political) of a tiny set of people spread across Europe, the history of their interactions and so on, then you are just not going to get what is going on and what actually happened. And frankly, I spent too long on this this time last year, today I'm on a train off on my hols and really reluctant to get back into it all, esp typing on a phone. Maybe wheni get back.

Brighton is it?

Neil-Kinnock-falls-into-t-010.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom