Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Who does Urban think (not hope) will win the November US Presidential Election? (The Poll)

Who will win the popular vote and who will get a majority in the electoral college?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Biden still becomes president, the General Services Administration role is just to allow the transition period to start and release the funding for it, Emily Murphy doesn't have the power to decide who actually becomes president.

Total bollocks. :D

Biden is trying to fundraise transition cash himself from small dollar donors Biden team solicits donations to fund presidential transition as Trump administration blocks federal money

Can’t he just take a loan off Hunter?

Anyway - why can’t Biden just wait it out and let Trump exhaust his legal challenges if he’s so confident?

Trying to hoc cash may come across as desperate and belies any suggestion of confidence.

Potentially it goes to state legislatures bodies that are overwhelmingly run by Republicans which would provide Trump with a second term.
Dude, just because they're republicans doesn't mean they'll act illegaly. Same thing with the Supreme Court that all the loons seem to be banking on return Donny. If by some miracle this does get in front of them, at the end of the day they're judges and will/should act within the law. Given that there is absolute no evidence suggesting they should do anything else, they'll kick it too. Doesn't matter that they're majority Republican appointees. No court in the country has upheld any of these ridiculous law suits. What makes you think the SC will? It's a fucking fantasy.

Biden is trying to fundraise transition cash himself from small dollar donors Biden team solicits donations to fund presidential transition as Trump administration blocks federal money

Anyway - why can’t Biden just wait it out and let Trump exhaust his legal challenges if he’s so confident?

Trying to hoc cash may come across as desperate and belies any suggestion of confidence.

Or maybe he could hit up his corporate donors for the cash. Not sure why you think this is a great angle for you to attack Biden from, considering that Trump is right now trying to bilk money from his followers as well.

Are you really this thick?
The reason they’re trying to raise £ for the transition is because trump’s acolyte at the gsa is withholding the millions that are usually used for this.

The on-going crisis for the party that has to disown him; 'their' voters will see the GOP in league with the lizard people, paedo, communist, jewish conspiracy.
It will be very, very difficult for the GOP to both disown trump - or even move on from him - without alienating a large part of that base.

Potentially it goes to state legislatures bodies that are overwhelmingly run by Republicans which would provide Trump with a second term.
Except it doesn't. The GSa is just to ensure an orderly transition. GA has certified, MI, WI, AZ and PA will follow shortly. And game over.

Are you really this thick?
The reason they’re trying to raise £ for the transition is because trump’s acolyte at the gsa is withholding the millions that are usually used for this.

No, but you seem to be.

We all know the GSA is withholding funds until they can ascertain who the likely winner will be. As you know - Trump is contesting the election and is pursuing various legal avenues.

So again - why can’t Biden’s camp just sit it out and wait if they are confident of being certified the winner and assume the role of President-Elect?

He's never explained his thinking behind his statement that Biden is a "trojan horse" for radical leftists, despite being asked multiple times. I doubt you'll get an answer.

He's a slippery little piece of shit, our Marty.
Lol his thinking. That Biden = radical leftist takeover of America is what trump has been saying for months, that’s it, that’s the thinking behind it.

He's never explained his thinking behind his statement that Biden is a "trojan horse" for radical leftists, despite being asked multiple times. I doubt you'll get an answer.

He's a slippery little piece of shit, our Marty.
yes, krtek_a_houby and I asked him that repeatedly. silence in return.

No, but you seem to be.

We all know the GSA is withholding funds until they can ascertain who the likely winner will be. As you know - Trump is contesting the election and is pursuing various legal avenues.

So again - why can’t Biden’s camp just sit it out and wait if they are confident of being certified the winner and assume the role of President-Elect?
Because normal presidents do actual work, with a functional administration, which takes time to set up. They don’t just wander in on day 1 of their term and ask where the kettle is.

oh ffs.
because he wants to hit the ground running, and start off properly, y'know like every other Presicddnt has tried to.
Are you really this thick, or are you just trolling?

No, but you seem to be.

The GSA are withholding because Murphy is shit scared of pissiing of Trump and his deranged followers. Full stop.

Dude, just because they're republicans doesn't mean they'll act illegaly. Same thing with the Supreme Court that all the loons seem to be banking on return Donny. If by some miracle this does get in front of them, at the end of the day they're judges and will/should act within the law. Given that there is absolute no evidence suggesting they should do anything else, they'll kick it too. Doesn't matter that they're majority Republican appointees. No court in the country has upheld any of these ridiculous law suits. What makes you think the SC will? It's a fucking fantasy.

I think the Trump team may be going down the route of the Constitution - trying to prove the unconstitutionality of certain votes being permitted to be included in the count in certain states.

It certainly would be, especially as the only reason why we have the 2 month lag is because that's how long it would take a new president to reach Washington, travelling by horse.
No, I am not making this up.
I think everyone knows that. Though they'd have to get their shit together on the vote counting too.

I think everyone knows that. Though they'd have to get their shit together on the vote counting too.
Actually yes, good point. And I don't think it's feasible for the count to take less than a week, with all ther will in the world, even in pandemic-free times. I expect mail-in voting to be an ever-greater feature of US elections frm now on.

Because normal presidents do actual work, with a functional administration, which takes time to set up. They don’t just wander in on day 1 of their term and ask where the kettle is.

When did Bush get his transition cash?

I think the Trump team may be going down the route of the Constitution - trying to prove the unconstitutionality of certain votes being permitted to be included in the count in certain states.
I think you may be right, they may try to argue that the 15th amendment be revoked, the one that gave black people the right to vote, because then if you 'count all legal votes' trump would be the winner. :cool:

Honestly i think its their best shot at this point . What part of the constitution are you counting on to overturn the election?
I think a big chunk of the racist wing of the Republicans is really resentful of the fact that they win if only white people could vote. In their heads, that means that they win in a righteous world. It's pretty obvious from the places they've targetted in the last two weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom