Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Who does Urban think (not hope) will win the November US Presidential Election? (The Poll)

Who will win the popular vote and who will get a majority in the electoral college?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Trump is one of the biggest Presidential losers for decades. The 2000s has had mostly closely run Presidential elections. Trump's losing percentage margin is the second largest this millennium - doing even worse than Romney in 2012, with only McCain in 2008 doing poorer.

His is the worst performance from an incumbent Presidential candidate in absolute terms for 40 year. Even George H. Bush's losing margin to Bill Clinton was less than 5.9 million votes. Significantly fewer than the 6 million plus of Trump's losing margin.

No US President has had more people vote against him.

No wonder Trump and his sad sack followers are so upset. At least Hilary Clinton had the consolation of winning the popular vote. Trump is just a massive loser.

Trump is one of the biggest Presidential losers for decades. The 2000s has had mostly closely run Presidential elections. Trump's losing percentage margin is the second largest this millennium - doing even worse than Romney in 2012, with only McCain in 2008 doing poorer.

His is the worst performance from an incumbent Presidential candidatehas in absolute terms for 40 year. Even George H. Bush's losing margin to Bill Clinton was less than 5.9 million votes. Significantly fewer than the 6 million plus of Trump's losing margin.

No wonder Trump and his sad sack followers are so upset. At least Hilary Clinton had the consolation of winning the popular vote. Trump is just a massive loser.
No idea if all that is true, but here is an interesting link to a very interesting YouTube video that seems to suggest the dems are worried. People on Twitter seem to think Rudy could pull this off. Only time will tell I guess.
[/Martymode]

His is the worst performance from an incumbent Presidential candidate in absolute terms for 40 year. Even George H. Bush's losing margin to Bill Clinton was less than 5.9 million votes. Significantly fewer than the 6 million plus of Trump's losing margin.

:facepalm:

Jesus wept!

4z5qq907rs061.jpg

Tell that to the 70 million + Trump supporters who don’t worship the msm like you.

Just a reminder - the msm don’t certify elections:oldthumbsup:

What?
Biden won the electoral college vote AND the popular vote. He has won.
What is wrong with you?
The fact that Trump is trying to overturn a legitimate democratic process tells you he is only interested in power...at any cost.
He has disgracefully abused the position he has held.
He is an abomination to anyone who believes in democracy.
Go have a long talk with yourself and see that the monster you are supporting is a psychopathic dictator who doesnt give a flying fuck about anyone but himself. His every action is to divide people.
He is letting people die.
Wake up.

Last edited:
:facepalm:

Jesus wept!

One of the things that’s important is that extraordinary numbers of people were motivated to vote. It’s true that a record number of people have voted for the loser (trump); had no one else voted, he would have won by a staggering number. But an even larger number were motivated to vote against Trump. Because they don’t want him to be president any more.

You saying “but he’s got so many votes, look at all the votes! That means he’s the winner!” is the same as saying “stop the count!”

It’s also the same as taking your football home as soon as your team has scored but before the final whistle.

ETA
I really can’t work out whether you mean this shit or not. Half the time I think you’re taking the piss, but then you say that you’ve got a bet on with your girlfriend, which suggests that (unless you’re making that up too), you also say this shit in real life.

Last edited:
One of the things that’s important is that extraordinary numbers of people were motivated to vote. It’s true that a record number of people have voted for the loser (trump); had no one else voted, he would have won by a staggering number. But an even larger number were motivated to vote against Trump. Because they don’t want him to be president any more.

You saying “but he’s got so many votes, look at all the votes! That means he’s the winner!” is the same as saying “stop the count!”

It’s also the same as taking your football home as soon as your team has scored but before the final whistle.

ETA
I really can’t work out whether you mean this shit or not. Half the time I think you’re taking the piss, but then you say that you’ve got a bet on with your girlfriend, which suggests that (unless you’re making that up too), you also say this shit in real life.

Do you believe that Biden enthused voters enough to come out in higher numbers for him than Obama?

I think enormous numbers of people actively didn’t want Trump to win.

Fair enough.

But Trump had massive voter enthusiasm - his rally in Butler had nearly 60k turnout, other places had thousands of boats on a lake doing a rally etc - Biden stayed home mostly making gaffes on liberal msm and they few outdoor ‘rallies’ he did do had around 20 people sitting in circles - doesn’t look like the type of candidate that could get the kind of votes needed to beat Trump regardless of how many people were voting against Trump than for Biden.

Fair enough.

But Trump had massive voter enthusiasm - his rally in Butler had nearly 60k turnout, other places had thousands of boats on a lake doing a rally etc - Biden stayed home mostly making gaffes on liberal msm and they few outdoor ‘rallies’ he did do had around 20 people sitting in circles - doesn’t look like the type of candidate that could get the kind of votes needed to beat Trump regardless of how many people were voting against Trump than for Biden.
And yet, he did.

Fair enough.

Biden didn't have to be an amazing candidate. He just had to be a less repellent one than Trump.

Marty1

I think that enough people were so deeply alarmed and disturbed by Trump that they got the fuck off their backsides and voted for the alternative. I think they realised that Trump was actively stirring up seriously huge numbers of his own base, and they realised that if they didnt bother to vote him out, it would be disastrous.

Elsewhere, before the election, I whinged on about what I believed to be dangerous levels of voter apathy in the US, and that Trump would win this election because of it. I was wrong, because I underestimated how aware and how concerned the electorate was about aTrump second term.

Trump lost not because not enough people want him. Clearly, enormous numbers of people do want him. That’s not in question. But vastly more numbers actively do not want him to be president.

Weirdly, had he kept his head down a bit more and been more circumspect and less bombastic, he’d probably have won, notwithstanding the Covid crisis, which was less obviously desperate even as recently as the beginning of November.

Last edited:
Fair enough.

He got big(ish) rallies? So what? Biden didn't do that because he took covid seriously. And make no mistake about it. Trump's rallies will have cost people their lives. I don't just mean the fuckknuckles who attended, but all the other people who they subsequently infected with covid as they went about their daily lives, and the people infected by them, and the people infected by them. etc. You get the picture? Do you know a single thing about how a pandemic spreads? He didn't give a shit. He doesn't give a shit about anyone. You've been had.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom