Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Who does Urban think (not hope) will win the November US Presidential Election? (The Poll)

Who will win the popular vote and who will get a majority in the electoral college?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
He actually has gone away for most of us tbf. It's only the echoes we get from you guys shouting at him that reminds us he exists.

Some of us prefer to see reality as it is, rather than through the lens of a personalised echo chamber.

This is one of things i would like to understand, how people cope with knowing that they are being lied to, a lot, daily, and just carry on regardless. Because a normal reaction would be to get angry with the people who lied to you.

Can you attribute that 57k figure to a direct quote from them, or is it just "according to the secret service"?

It comes from the former Deputy Assistant to POTUS, who claims this figure was provided to him by the Secret Service.

The 57k figure relates to people in attendance of the rally which was filled to capacity and people outside listening/watching who couldn’t get in (a combined figure).

The rally is online and there’s plenty of photos to see for yourself just how large the turnout was for this particular rally which shows high enthusiasm for Trump, certainly in that particular county of PA.

I think the fracking/fossil fuel comment Biden made in the second debate (which Trump has capitalised on) will lose this state for Biden.

It comes from the former Deputy Assistant to POTUS, who claims this figure was provided to him by the Secret Service.

No, you forgot Denise.
Sebastian Gorka claimed in a tweet that his friend Denise told him that the Secret service told her that. Get it right. Thats where your number is from.
Do you honestly believe that number now after seeing the current communications director for the trump campaign saying it was 15k?
I would genuinely like to know yes or no.

Mainstream info here is poor so I stand to make a few bob off family and mates when Biden wins :thumbs: Been taking every bet offered thanks to JTG

Reactions: tim
No, you forgot Denise.
Sebastian Gorka claimed in a tweet that his friend Denise told him that the Secret service told her that. Get it right. Thats where your number is from.
Do you honestly believe that number now after seeing the current communications director for the trump campaign saying it was 15k?
I would genuinely like to know yes or no.

Possibly not. You make a fair point regarding the discrepancy in figures.

I’m no expert in crowd sizes but if you watch the crowd sizes when the camera pans back and does a left to right pan, there’s a very large turnout nonetheless - and that’s my point here. Biden should be rightly worried about the enthusiasm for Trump not just at these final rallies but other unofficial rallies around the US which have popped up. There was an unofficial Trump rally in Beverley Hills California of all places recently.

Interesting paragraph in this article about 'defensive pessimism', IE not getting your hopes up, and how it's just giving you double the pain. Reckon a few people here could do with reflecting on this.

Often, Mr. Markman noted, we are deploying something called “defensive pessimism,” which is a strategy our brains use in stressful situations where we can control the outcome, like, say, a big exam. “It’s a great coping strategy when you have agency because being defensively pessimistic forces you to study more,” Mr. Markman said. But in circumstances out of our control, it is an example of the mind working against its best interests and creating more anxiety.

Superstitious types might cringe at this point.

But Mr. Markman said it’s actually better to adopt an optimistic mind-set in the run-up to the returns. “Defensive pessimism is creating a fictitious state. You’re feeling pessimistic but you don’t really believe it. Deep down you think your candidate will win, but you’re telling yourself they won’t, so when the actual outcome happens it’ll hurt less. But that’s not how it works. So really you’ll be paying the price twice. Once for anticipatory period and again if the results don’t go how you want,” he said.

Interesting paragraph in this article about 'defensive pessimism', IE not getting your hopes up, and how it's just giving you double the pain. Reckon a few people here could do with reflecting on this.

Often, Mr. Markman noted, we are deploying something called “defensive pessimism,” which is a strategy our brains use in stressful situations where we can control the outcome, like, say, a big exam. “It’s a great coping strategy when you have agency because being defensively pessimistic forces you to study more,” Mr. Markman said. But in circumstances out of our control, it is an example of the mind working against its best interests and creating more anxiety.

Superstitious types might cringe at this point.

But Mr. Markman said it’s actually better to adopt an optimistic mind-set in the run-up to the returns. “Defensive pessimism is creating a fictitious state. You’re feeling pessimistic but you don’t really believe it. Deep down you think your candidate will win, but you’re telling yourself they won’t, so when the actual outcome happens it’ll hurt less. But that’s not how it works. So really you’ll be paying the price twice. Once for anticipatory period and again if the results don’t go how you want,” he said.
Mr Markman definitely has my number here. Torturing myself, hard to be sanguine. Feel a bit better now funnily enough

I think the anxiety decreases as it gets closer as you know it will pass soon. Kind of looking forward to the post-election fuckery and seeing what comes out the other end. Fingers crossed for Trump humiliation, every fucking paper running with the entirely predictable ‘You’re fired’ headline. If not it will go on endlessly, the trouble with these right-wing populists is they tend to embed themselves and are basically unflushable - Putin, Erdogan, Orban, in his time Berlesconi.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom