Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

US election 2020 thread

Not a great deal about Trumps economic programme from this group of looney tunes

What is revealing is that they have clearly settled on this all-out paranoid horror-smear of the Dems as the best way to win over, or retain, all the votes that put Trump in the White House four years ago.
They must believe that their target groups will buy that.
What's also revealing, is that there's no real attempt to stand on the specifics of Trump's record

What is revealing is that they have clearly settled on this all-out paranoid horror-smear of the Dems as the best way to win over, or retain, all the votes that put Trump in the White House four years ago.
They must believe that their target groups will buy that.
What's also revealing, is that there's no real attempt to stand on the specifics of Trump's record
Yup its just appealing to the radicalised faithful no attempt to draw new voters or support in

Yup its just appealing to the radicalised faithful no attempt to draw new voters or support in
absolutely, shoring up the Trumpist base. thing is, that base, on its' own, won't get him over the line. He needs the same bluecollar rustbelt vote, in similar numbers - especially if the latinos in Arizona, Texas and Florida turn out to vote against him in force

Last edited:
absolutely, shoring up the Trumpist base. thing is, that base, on it=s' own, won't get him over the line. He needs the same bluecollar rustbelt vote, in similar numbers - especially if the latinos in Arizona, Texas and Florida turn out to vote against him in force
yeh but you know they'll arrive at the polling stations and find either the station shut or their name not down on the list

#riggingelections101

absolutely, shoring up the Trumpist base. thing is, that base, on it=s' own, won't get him over the line. He needs the same bluecollar rustbelt vote, in similar numbers - especially if the latinos in Arizona, Texas and Florida turn out to vote against him in force

Not lost yet. Think is going to be down to those exec orders he gave, think he may have been sold a pup on the housing social security one. There is votes in the drug one (I think) but can't do that and push drug companies for releasing vaccine ahead of MIMINUM testing... Then there's the post office... They don't actually need any more money (the pension commitment of people not yet working there covers things) but as is Bezos is being subsidised to undermine Main Street. There are other ways of looking at it (and I"m glad I only have to endure it from a distance) but don't right him off. He has SOME dry powder and he didn't get to be his age without acquiring a few skills, but he also must be tired, and it's a hell of a tightrope

This speech is worth wasting 6 minutes of your life!

Passionate screeching for the entire 6 minutes.
Can this be received by the American people as favourable, or is it just meant to be appealing to Donald and Donald junior?

It is. As i understand it - and piecing together the puzzle - the sheer stress caused to their teenage kids by having people in tow such polar opposite camps caused them both to quit, for the sake of their family.
e2a: by 'people' I meant 'parents'.

i can't imagine what it's like at home. scuttlebutt says divorce. and the daughter has made it clear which side bears the lioness's share of the blame.

Last edited:
And now we're talking about him rather than the US Election which rather underlines the point.

right, i'd had him on ignore for quite a while but it didn't do me much good when everyone else was responding.
"you are ignoring content from this poster" a dozen times a page.

no. but in an area with latinos and blacks i doubt they'd usher the latinos through and say carry on voting to them.
Actually yes, good point. In this year of all years - when race has been at the ccentre of the national conversation more than an y year since 1985 - that would simply stink too much

Last edited:
This speech is worth wasting 6 minutes of your life!

Passionate screeching for the entire 6 minutes.
Can this be received by the American people as favourable, or is it just meant to be appealing to Donald and Donald junior?

Passionate? Not really. More the equivalent of terrible acting.

Actually yes, good point. In this year of all years - wheen race has been at the ccentre of the national conversation more than an y year since 1985 - that would simply stink too much
yet the cops keep on killing black people and assaulting people protesting against police brutality, while the feds kidnap people off the streets of cities where the local authorities don't want them. it's all fucked, to use a technical term.

5:17 of that video - "don't let them kill future generations..."

WTF??
It's like a fucking QAnon reference or something.

Starts weird and becomes increasingly chilling as it goes.

Last edited:
5:17 of that video - "don't let them kill future generations..."

WTF??
It's like a fucking QAnon reference or something.
I often get that feeling too 8ball! I watched as much of the convention speches as I could stomach and easily enough to get in tune with the tone of it all.
It was full of very effective speeches that Americans lap up so willingly. But it was full of lies that no American that actually considers supporting Trump would check out for the truth.

But think it through more carefully. If you're not an American then does it really matter all that much to the rest of the world if Trump gets another 4 years and that country becomes a fascist regime?

Biden could be worse for world peace.

And remember! M.A.D. has saved the world from a US led WW3 for over 75 years and will likely keep us safe for anotherr few decades!

Passionate? Not really. More the equivalent of terrible acting.
That would suggest that she doesn't believe in what she's saying Johnny. Do you really think so?
Begs the question on whether any woman can be sincerely attracted to something like Donald junior.

yet the cops keep on killing black people and assaulting people protesting against police brutality, while the feds kidnap people off the streets of cities where the local authorities don't want them. it's all fucked, to use a technical term.
Consistent with the rise of fascism pm.

For years, he acted as Donald Trump’s “fixer” and personal lawyer — the U.S. president’s go to man in times of crisis.
But now Michael Cohen, in home detention after a stint in a U.S. prison, has released a video in which he eviscerates his former boss, urging Americans not to trust him in the upcoming election.

For years, he acted as Donald Trump’s “fixer” and personal lawyer — the U.S. president’s go to man in times of crisis.
But now Michael Cohen, in home detention after a stint in a U.S. prison, has released a video in which he eviscerates his former boss, urging Americans not to trust him in the upcoming election.

Sadly, none of that will work on Trump's base. To begin with, they won't even see it or listen to it.
But really, I urge you to take stock of the situation. Does it really matter to the rest of the world if Trump destroys America? Biden is just another establishment jerk who won't change anything that needs changing and so Trump destroying the country completely is what has been needed for a long time.

Sadly, none of that will work on Trump's base. To begin with, they won't even see it or listen to it.
True, but plenty of voters in the swing states beyond that base might, and plenty of longterm, loyal Republicans who are horricfied at Trump's presidency might. And that would be enough - in combination with other 'pull factors' - to swing it. I repeat, Trump just squeaked home last time
But really, I urge you to take stock of the situation. Does it really matter to the rest of the world if Trump destroys America? Biden is just another establishment jerk who won't change anything that needs changing and so Trump destroying the country completely is what has been needed for a long time.
No matter how many times you repeat this crazy line, it doesn't get less insane.
Observe:
1) the biden policy platform is the most progressive the dems have ran on since 1984
2) The huge problem with the country 'being destroyed completely' is that too many innocent people would get hurt, both in America and all around the world

Back
Top Bottom