Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

US election 2020 thread

So the Democrats have just had their (digital) convention - and apparently it was pretty bad with very low-fi production quality.

Nice selective use of Kyle Kulinski there. He posted that in response to how they closed the night that Eva Longoria hosted and how insufferably smug he felt it all was. Although he is to the left of mainstream Dems so is not overly enamoured with thier ticket anyway.

E2A: here's a recent video where he explains the rationale of the tweet:

It get's more naked with each passing day...

except in terms of its' real aim - stopping as many people as possible voting.

Don't they charge a ton for covid-19 testing in the US right now? If so, too right this will block a lot of voters from doing mail-in votes and it will force them to choose between potentially catching covid-19 or sitting the election out -and we all know what Cunty-Trumpty would like them to do...

That sounds downright un-Canadian. :(

It was a home made terrorist group from Quebec - the FLQ. "vive le Qubec libre" nonsense.
Trudeau (Justin's dad) made it clear that terrorism would not work while he was the prime minister.

The "just watch me" was in response to a reporter's question. Yes, he would use the war measures act.

The real bizarre thing is that I went from IRA bombing of pubs to FLQ letter bombing and kidnappings.

I really don't like violence.

eta: Some video game wanted to make one of their scenarios being the FLQ attacking the Toronto subway system.
Big uproar.
That scenario was never released.

Reactions: Ax^
yeah well, i did give a disclaimer.
i was in montreal for expo 67, does that absolve me?

I arrived in Canada n March of that year.

We were taught songs from every province :cool:
Songs from my home and not-so-native land.

If you don't mind asking, why were you there? I was only seven......

If you don't mind asking, why were you there? I was only seven......

i went to the world's fair in flushing in 63/64 more times than i can count (it was a subway ride away). i loved it to bits. so when it came to montreal i probably had to go, not that i remember begging to do so, but it seems likely. we went through a catholic group tour, and i was raised in a jesuit parish and there's a strong jesuit history in french north america so it was a natural connection. iirc it was the first time i got an inkling about girls, some of which species were on the same trip.

Trump = world peace???

no, I don't get the connection.

The belief that when the nations (as defined by ‘ancestry’) of the world stop being manipulated by you know who, they’ll reclaim their ‘ancestral lands’ and learn to to live peacefully with each other.

Hence the support Putin, the IRI, Assad, and (conditional) support for Trump and Israel, and silence over China

This stuff was around 15-20 years ago in the fringe heavy metal scenes I was part of. Weird to see it having such prominence now

"We're going to have sheriffs, and we're going to have law enforcement, and we're going to have, hopefully, US attorneys, and we're going to have everybody and attorney generals (sic)," Trump said during an interview on Fox News with Sean Hannity.

Trump's comments come as his campaign works to recruit tens of thousands of volunteers for what Republican officials have said could be their largest poll-watching operation. Even before Trump's comments, his party's plans to monitor the polls have sparked charges from Democrats and voting-rights groups that Republicans are gearing up to suppress voting in key states.
The President has repeatedly claimed, without evidence, that voter fraud will undermine November's election results.

Trump has no authority to deploy local law enforcement officials to monitor elections, although his campaign could hire off-duty police to work the polls, said Rick Hasen, an election law expert at the University of California at Irvine.

If Trump did so, it likely would trigger legal action from Democrats, who would claim the move amounted to a voter-suppression tactic. And it would have echoes of a case that resulted in a federal court decree that for decades sharply restricted the Republican National Committee's "ballot security" work without prior judicial approval.

So the battle lines were drawn last night by Biden on taking more precautions or favouring the economy. One side or the other is going to eat a lot of crow because there are indications that the death toll should be around 300,000 in the US by November.

Nice selective use of Kyle Kulinski there. He posted that in response to how they closed the night that Eva Longoria hosted and how insufferably smug he felt it all was. Although he is to the left of mainstream Dems so is not overly enamoured with thier ticket anyway.

E2A: here's a recent video where he explains the rationale of the tweet:

No idea who Kyle Kulinski is tbh - I posted his tweet for content not the source.

Watched his video you posted - he’s clearly trying to be the lefts version of Stephen Crowder, even his backdrop is a clear copy of Louder with Crowder show.

But yeah, Kyle’s initial/gut reaction response was the correct one really.

So the battle lines were drawn last night by Biden on taking more precautions or favouring the economy. One side or the other is going to eat a lot of crow because there are indications that the death toll should be around 300,000 in the US by November.
It must be a bugger to have to keep pretending you're sitting on that fence...

Well, the digital DNC has now ended to what seems to be regarded as a disaster - and a new poll shows Trump and Biden tied in the polls in the state of Minnesota which is a deep blue state that hasn’t been red since 1972. Plus Trumps approval rating has gone up.

Biden may well turn out to be a worse candidate than Hillary was back in 2016.

Well, the digital DNC has now ended to what seems to be regarded as a disaster - and a new poll shows Trump and Biden tied in the polls in the state of Minnesota which is a deep blue state that hasn’t been red since 1972. Plus Trumps approval rating has gone up.

Biden may well turn out to be a worse candidate than Hillary was back in 2016.

Who regards it as a disaster and who ran the polls?

Back
Top Bottom