Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

US election 2020 thread

The one thing on that Reddit description of the Parler hack that sounded like speculation was that the FBI had got it's no fly information this same way as the hackers.
Maybe they did.
But the US surveillance state is a behemoth and who can truly know its workings and reach. I expect constant scary levels of surveillance exist
The feds would have been all over Parler from the off. How did they catch those milita dudes who wanted to kidnap the Michigan governor?

All the nutters being arrested, refused permission to fly etc. is fantastic. Do these people not understand that actions have consequences?
Filming themselves and posting updates on what they were doing and not realizing that the authorities would then have the evidence to charge them. I'm sure that this is not what they would find in the Anarchists playbook.
Oh wait they wouldn't read that as they are patriots. :facepalm:
Exceptionalism. As modelled - and incited - from the very top. "The normal rules don't apply to us! If we don't like the outcome of an election, we'll force it to be the way we want."

You see it with QAnon, mask wearing, blatant breaches of firearms rules, etc.. And, because - just as they didn't last Wednesday - these breaches aren't challenged, that only reinforces the notion that "the rules don't apply to us".

And now, all of a sudden, these free spirits are going back to take for granted all the incredibly-rule-based societal facilities (ahem, airlines) and finding out that, suddenly, they're right on the wrong side of the rules.

Actually, that bloke's grief and trauma gave me hope. If that realisation was enough to cause him that kind of distress, then perhaps he might be one of those who take a step back and figures out how he got to this point.

And if he doesn't, and pops up somewhere else again as Mister Macho Trumpist, he will be forever haunted by his "crybaby" video, and rightly so :D

How is this different from what was said - i.e. what is different in the results? Can Parler posts be tied to the users and their real identities?

with pictures its been possible to work out the ids of some of the rioters

This person has been using pictures and videos to put names to faces. So the zip cuff guy, he started with...

Eventually he got a name for the person..

with pictures its been possible to work out the ids of some of the rioters

This person has been using pictures and videos to put names to faces. So the zip cuff guy, he started with...

Eventually he got a name for the person..

This really doesn't look so different from those photos of earnest young Muslims standing in front of al-Quaeda flags with bomb belts on or brandishing AK-47s, does it?

Not sure if it is true or not but a number of tories including ministers had parler accounts.

Sorry if wrong thread but it is where it is being discussed.
Parler is or was just a right wing / libertarian version of Twitter, and it had just about started to gain recognition amongst normal people. I had to warn some fairly apolitical acquaintance about its nature just the other week after they suggested they might move off FB to it. People should be embarrassed to be found on there but it doesn't amount to anything meaningful.

Parler is or was just a right wing / libertarian version of Twitter, and it had just about started to gain recognition amongst normal people. I had to warn some fairly apolitical acquaintance about its nature just the other week after they suggested they might move off FB to it. People should be embarrassed to be found on there but it doesn't amount to anything meaningful.
It might if the hacking/scraping (inc. 'private' DMs) is true and starts to yield.

Not sure if it is true or not but a number of tories including ministers had parler accounts.

Sorry if wrong thread but it is where it is being discussed.

I wonder how they almost all ended up joining on the same date (20 June 2020 - Gove was a couple of days behind the rest)?

I wonder how they almost all ended up joining on the same date (20 June 2020 - Gove was a couple of days behind the rest)?
Heard earlier (no idea if true) that all/most of the Tory MPs using Parler joined on the very same day which was at the height of the BLM actions. Could be interesting.
It was because of this:

Hmmm. Sure the money-grabbing fuckers didn't join for this?
Maybe. But I think in the UK it was mostly because of the publicity Hopkins appeared to give it - except the first time, it seems it wasn't her and was actually a scam...

Back
Top Bottom