Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

US election 2020 thread

There are a few good reasons why they didn't meet with direct public opposition on the day, not least of which is that we're in the middle of a pandemic. And I don't see how this show of (a lack of) force by the idiots did anything other than weaken their side. IMO, the total absence on the scene of anyone who might be called 'antifa' just left the r/w idiots to own their embarrassing debacle totally for themselves. The presence of an opposing crowd may well have been very counterproductive in this specific instance, imo, and showing up how the agents of the State were really terrible at controlling such a relatively small and uncoordinated group isn't a bad thing either, is it?
For what it's worth, I've now listened to the IGD discussion on this - I can't remember exactly, but I think the discussion of antifa response or lack of in the day is in the last 15 or 20 minutes or so for anyone who wants to hear it but can't be bothered with the whole thing. Anyway, they pretty much say that if there'd been a counter-presence on the day, it would have led to multiple shootings, and multiple shootings for the sake of fairly empty symbolism as well (and if anyone's unaware, this is a discussion between people who are very much part of the US antifascist movement and not prone to discouraging mobilisation for the sake of it.) In terms of the lack of a visible response, I can definitely see why it would make sense for people to say that they can't be arsed with protecting the capitol but to instead hang back and be ready to respond in the case of any further attempts to attack Black churches or similar. Although I also can't really blame anyone who just looked at it and thought "this lot are fucking scary and I'm not going anywhere near them".

This has a bunch of info about some of the people who have been arrested or are being investigated for events of 6th.
None of it very surprising, apart from I did not know that people inject testosterone.

For what it's worth, I've now listened to the IGD discussion on this - I can't remember exactly, but I think the discussion of antifa response or lack of in the day is in the last 15 or 20 minutes or so for anyone who wants to hear it but can't be bothered with the whole thing. Anyway, they pretty much say that if there'd been a counter-presence on the day, it would have led to multiple shootings, and multiple shootings for the sake of fairly empty symbolism as well (and if anyone's unaware, this is a discussion between people who are very much part of the US antifascist movement and not prone to discouraging mobilisation for the sake of it.) In terms of the lack of a visible response, I can definitely see why it would make sense for people to say that they can't be arsed with protecting the capitol but to instead hang back and be ready to respond in the case of any further attempts to attack Black churches or similar. Although I also can't really blame anyone who just looked at it and thought "this lot are fucking scary and I'm not going anywhere near them".
Yep. Another good reason not to have been there is exactly that - because they were marching on a seat of power, not, say, threatening the black residents of DC. Let the state defend the seat of power.

Well it was discussed in congress.

ErKhtuGXcAIFQuU
nothing about unions there?

nothing about unions there?
It is certainly the Flight Attendants Union with the loudest voice calling for the ban. But not sure if it has been implemented by the TSA/FBI but judging by the video someone stopped an internal terrorist from flying.

It is certainly the Flight Attendants Union with the loudest voice calling for the ban. But not sure if it has been implemented by the TSA/FBI but judging by the video someone stopped an internal terrorist from flying.
I'm not trying to catch you out or something, sorry - just interested how active a role the unions have played in the no flight thing - I've seen tweets suggesting there's some kind of co-operation between the unions and the FBI over this and similar... looks like it's not that involved. I guess people get a bit carried away.

This has a bunch of info about some of the people who have been arrested or are being investigated for events of 6th.
None of it very surprising, apart from I did not know that people inject testosterone.

Injectable testosterone = steroids.

Even golfers are turning against him, twisting the knife in his back. :D

Sunday night, the PGA of America announced that the 2022 PGA Championship will be moving away from one of President Trump’s golf courses.

The 2022 major championship was scheduled to be held at Trump National Bedminster golf club in New Jersey. However, that is no longer the case.

“The PGA of America Board of Directors voted tonight to exercise the right to terminate the agreement to play the 2022 PGA Championship at Trump Bedminster,” PGA of America president Jim Richerson announced on Sunday night.

The PGA Championship is not alone in making a statement like this.

The Royal and Ancient Golf Club announced on Monday morning that no major events will be held at Trump Turnberry, a luxury resort and course in Scotland.

“We had no plans to stage any of our championships at Turnberry and will not do so in the foreseeable future. We will not return until we are convinced that the focus will be on the championship, the players and the course itself and we do not believe that is achievable in the current circumstances,” they announced.

This means no British Open at the course anytime soon.

I'm not trying to catch you out or something, sorry - just interested how active a role the unions have played in the no flight thing - I've seen tweets suggesting there's some kind of co-operation between the unions and the FBI over this and similar... looks like it's not that involved. I guess people get a bit carried away.
As posted above, looks like CWA were calling for a ban as early as the 7th, dunno how actively involved in any implementation they were though.

So the FBI & airlines are banning the internal terrorists from flying.
And when the pro-Trump crowd does get on a plane, they are being treated like unruly children.
From the beginning of the flight, Videos show people chanting "USA" and "fight for Trump."

Trump supporter Mindy Robinson, who posted one video, described the plane as "full of patriots." One of the videos shows several passengers wearing what appear to be red Trump hats.

[The announcement by the pilot] said: "This is the way it's gonna be… it's a four and a half hour flight to Phoenix. We'll put this plane down in the middle of Kansas and dump people off — I don't care. We will do that if that's what it takes, so behave, please."

Even golfers are turning against him, twisting the knife in his back. :D

I think this will really hurt his feelings, possibly more than all the rest of the noise.
One of the golf tournament people said holding their event at a trump venue would be damaging to their brand. And he couldn’t even tweet his rage. Very sad.

On the subject of a bunch of amateurish cosplayers playing at a walkthrough coup, something I hadn't realised (and am still not that clear tbh) was the whole dynamic of how the chamber room was sealed and successfully cleared.

I guess it could've been very different situation if they successfully managed to get to the chamber while there were people in it.

Is there any good account of that part of the day? How close had they come to making it in?

Obviously there were a lot of naive types there in the day out of their depth, but I'm now curious how close some of the military types came to getting their hands on some politicians.

I think this will really hurt his feelings, possibly more than all the rest of the noise.
One of the golf tournament people said holding their event at a trump venue would be damaging to their brand. And he couldn’t even tweet his rage. Very sad.

The 'Trump brand' is now toxic, hopefully it'll impact his hotels too.

How is this different from what was said - i.e. what is different in the results? Can Parler posts be tied to the users and their real identities?

Back
Top Bottom