Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

US election 2020 thread

Well, not entirely sure two sheds. We're probably going to have to wait a bit, this seems likely (but again, only 3 hours old, so don't assume it's exactly correct)

"They downloaded all the videos and images, which appear to have been the original uploads (with metadata) rather than cleaned up versions.

The original Twitter poster appears to have been able to enumerate account details too - they posted a GitHub table of 400 odd admin accounts in the first million user accounts - I can't remember exactly what data there was but I think it was suitable for a public view (except for the admin flag).

I've seen nothing to suggest they got access to the ID photos people sent to register, but they may have been more circumspect with posting that. I wouldn't expect those to be in the dump of "post images"."

I'm hearing Parler has been hacked and a whole load of data pulled ...
I posted a link on the Trump/AltRight thread about how this was done if you're interested.

Hilarious levels of incompetence, but also a timely warning to the rest of us about the risks of trusting social media suppliers.

I'm sorry, but you have to be some kind of idiot to upload copies of your personal documentation to a social media site. I've heard that Facebook will occasionally demand to see your ID, and I'm amazed that anyone goes along with that, instead of just telling Facebook to go fuck themselves.

I posted a link on the Trump/AltRight thread about how this was done if you're interested.

Hilarious levels of incompetence, but also a timely warning to the rest of us about the risks of trusting social media suppliers.
it is disputed that the account you've posted there is what happened fwiw - apparently it was all publicly accessible files.

More on the Parler thing, is interesting to see that organized Amazon employees were publicly calling for Amazon to stop hosting Parler before it got pulled:

I mean, it may well have happened anyway, it definitely seems like the wind was already blowing in that direction, but always useful to be reminded that things like "Amazon" or "Twitter" or whatever aren't single homogenous entities, they're companies with employees who can make demands of management.

More on the Parler thing, is interesting to see that organized Amazon employees were publicly calling for Amazon to stop hosting Parler before it got pulled:

I mean, it may well have happened anyway, it definitely seems like the wind was already blowing in that direction, but always useful to be reminded that things like "Amazon" or "Twitter" or whatever aren't single homogenous entities, they're companies with employees who can make demands of management.

Marty1's finest hour.....

All the nutters being arrested, refused permission to fly etc. is fantastic. Do these people not understand that actions have consequences?
Filming themselves and posting updates on what they were doing and not realizing that the authorities would then have the evidence to charge them. I'm sure that this is not what they would find in the Anarchists playbook.
Oh wait they wouldn't read that as they are patriots. :facepalm:

having watch his speech before hand i do not understand the belief that this man was going to be standing shoulder to shoulder with them
and would suddenly be handing out pardons once they had forced congress to overturn a democratic election

then again i don't think bill gates is puttting microchips in the covid vaccine

shrugs

As there must be at least a sizeable minority of Republican voters and politicians who are not 100% nutjob cunts, this shitshow could ultimately result in the GOP splitting into two parties, and it could well lock right wingers out of office in America for a long time.

Then again I don’t live there, and extreme far right movements becoming mainstream and politically established is not something I would wish on any country, even if it splits the right wing vote. As it has sadly been the case with the emergence of Vox in Spain.

Back
Top Bottom