Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

US election 2020 thread

Wonkette has a good debunking of the "no-fly list" videos - apparently all the crybabies seen being denied boarding/kicked off planes/arrested are having meltdowns because of mask rules, not anything to do with the Capitol riot.

if there is anything I have learned these past several years, it is that there is danger in believing in untrue things just because they are eminently satisfying

Wonkette has a good debunking of the "no-fly list" videos - apparently all the crybabies seen being denied boarding/kicked off planes/arrested are having meltdowns because of mask rules, not anything to do with the Capitol riot.

Ha. I guess that answers my questions earlier about whether the FBI and unions actually were coordinating on no fly lists at least.

This puts the case that recent events (including shutting down Parler) is going to push angry trump people further into the arms of ‘accelorationist’ extremists and lead to more violence. Makes sense too, it may be fractured into 7 different channels now but is a perfect time to recruit the people desperate to not give up the struggle.

Last edited:
Sad.

zpnbH5x.png

Bloomberg story archived here.

And Signature Bank, the New York lender that’s long catered to his family, said it’s cutting ties while it presses for his resignation. Signature is closing two personal accounts in which Trump held about $5.3 million, a spokesperson for the firm said on Monday. (...) The bank will not do business in the future with any members of Congress who voted to disregard the electoral college, the spokesperson said.

Things will be much more fractured now, there's other groups saying different dates, their channels of communication have been dealt a real blow and also dc has a 'state of emergency' in place until 20th which means curfew can be called whenever. I don't think there'll be much in the way of repeat attempts this month for all the noise online.
I think this was wrong.

Screenshot 2021-01-12 at 06.40.24.png

Screenshot 2021-01-12 at 06.40.38.png

Last edited:
I think this was wrong.

View attachment 248432

View attachment 248433

But after last week, the police won't be policing these protests with such a soft hand.

There is absolutely nothing "anti-antifa" about that Jacobin article, and I have not seen anything "anti-antifa" from Jacobin in general.

That's the Twitter "left" pulling it's usual brand of toxic self-defeating sectarian horseshit. That's when they're not arguing over stupid shit or getting mad at imaginary people they made up.

I've really come to fucking hate the political side of Twitter.

But after last week, the police won't be policing these protests with such a soft hand.
True. I was mainly just wanting to point out my own wrongness. Very possible nothing will happen at all, for various reasons, but my imagining that recent events will have demoralised and splintered people making political violence less likely seems to have been stupid.

True. I was mainly just wanting to point out my own wrongness. Very possible nothing will happen at all, for various reasons, but my imagining that recent events will have demoralised and splintered people making political violence less likely seems to have been stupid.
I think they are splintered and demoralised. But i think that makes more extreme violence more likely. Not big crowds kicking off, more like small groups with bombs and guns

That's the Twitter "left" pulling it's usual brand of toxic self-defeating sectarian horseshit. That's when they're not arguing over stupid shit or getting mad at imaginary people they made up.

Imagine being part of a left politics where you criticise others on the left for being focussed on challenging neo-liberalism. It’s so piss poor you have to wonder who these types really are....

It's notable that we haven't heard anything from Trump for the last few days. He's still the president and could call a press conference. I don't think he's smart enough to hold back, to support the narrative that conservatives are being silenced by big tech.

It's possible that someone close to him has realised that a long rambling press conference could open him up to self-incrimination, and that having the press put questions to him would be a feeding frenzy

I think Ivanka is the one pulling the strings and has told him to keep quiet for fear of him self incriminating himself over the sedition and insurrection charges

I think they are splintered and demoralised. But i think that makes more extreme violence more likely. Not big crowds kicking off, more like small groups with bombs and guns

There's a phenomenon of apocalyptic cults "forcing the end" through mass suicide or other means when their prophecies fail to materialise.

I wonder if we are witnessing a similar phenomenon now that QAnon prophecies of Trump unleashing "The Storm" are looking hopeless with Trump soon to be removed from power. The Storm didn't come, but their ego is so tied up in this idea being true that they will try to "force the end" and make it happen themselves.

There's a phenomenon of apocalyptic cults "forcing the end" through mass suicide or other means when their prophecies fail to materialise.

I wonder if we are witnessing a similar phenomenon now that QAnon prophecies of Trump unleashing "The Storm" are looking hopeless with Trump soon to be removed from power. The Storm didn't come, but their ego is so tied up in this idea being true that they will try to "force the end" and make it happen themselves.
It's what the rolling news networks would want.

apparently online trump stores are being kicked off various platforms has hit him very hard and he is not happy.

^^
I also have been struck by the silence emanating from the toxic gobshite - and also from his proxies/cronies. Is it the legal team + ivanka issuing a STFU order to one and all? I know its best for all that he is out of view and silent - but I would really like to see more public meltdowns and batshittery.
Whilst its clear a section of his base are still banking on him sweeping to victory via martial law and mass arrests - there's also a fair few who are full of doubts - watched a live stream by "tyrants Curse" - where he sounds pretty despondent and doesnt know whats happening, and asking everyone to look out for each other. Im guessing this is not atypical. What struck me about that was the guy wasn't a ranting loon, sounded genuinely sad and was quite articulate and reflective - who knows? maybe there's hope that some/may of them might come down to earth - slowly realising that they got caught up in something so headspinning they lost perspective?

Surely though they've posted stuff like "Off to the Capitol to top a couple of Democrats tomorrow :thumbs: taking a couple of molotov cocktails for entertainment" with their driving licences to identify them?
You may jest, but

These are all text messages sent by one man who was late for the event :rolleyes: the recipient was so concerned they informed the FBI

“Just fixed…headed to DC with a shit ton of 5.56 armor piercing ammo [purple devil emoji].”

“Thinking about heading over to Pelosi CUNT’s speech and putting a bullet in her noggin on Live TV [purple devil emoji].”

“I’m gonna run that CUNT Pelosi over while she chews on her gums.”

“Dead Bitch Walking. I predict that within 12 days, many in our country will die.”

“Locked in my hotel room…high [smiley face with hearts emoji.”
From https://extremism.gwu.edu/sites/g/files/zaxdzs2191/f/Cleveland Grover Meredith Statement of Facts.pdf
During the consent search of the hotel room, Agents seized a box of suspected THC edibles and a vial of Testosterone Cypionate/Propionate

Last edited:

fwiw, I’ve thought the claiming of this along with the alleged ‘hacking’ of Parler (which was also claimed to have happened a couple of months back) was just people trying to wind up the fash, either just for a chuckle or to cause disarray in their ranks. As with similar claims that BNP/EDL were full of police grasses at high level. It’s just to keep the enemy paranoid and insecure. I bet a few phones have been binned over the weekend.

I bet a few phones have been binned over the weekend.
I don't know if this has been posted yet ... I think Kristi Winters posted a video about it, but Capitol hill is such a mahoosive complex they have their own phone cells and repeaters ... doubtless with especially enthusiastic data harvesting ...

Back
Top Bottom