Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

US election 2020 thread

On the Senate race I would say the following republicans are now very likely to lose; Gardner, McSally, Tillis, Collins.
Other vulnerable senators: Purdue, Ernst, Graham, Loeffler and possibly Daines. Possibly because, although Montana is safe classic GOP 'safe state' (a farmers' state, in short), Daines is running against the extremely popular Democratic governer, Steve Bullock. Plus, the Dems have a good chance in Kansas as the GOP incumbent is retiring

here it comes

In a video posted to Facebook on Sept. 14, Dan Bongino, a popular right-wing commentator and radio host, declared that Democrats were planning a coup against President Donald Trump on Election Day.

For just over 11 minutes, Bongino talked about how bipartisan election experts who had met in June to plan for what might happen after people vote were actually holding exercises for such a coup. To support his baseless claim, he twisted the group’s words to fit his meaning.

ps, "misinformation". not lies, riotous speech, or anything like that.

On the Senate race I would say the following republicans are now very likely to lose; Gardner, McSally, Tillis, Collins.
Other vulnerable senators: Purdue, Ernst, Graham, Loeffler and possibly Daines. Possibly because, although Montana is safe classic GOP 'safe state' (a farmers' state, in short), Daines is running against the extremely popular Democratic governer, Steve Bullock. Plus, the Dems have a good chance in Kansas as the GOP incumbent is retiring
Kansas has a Dem governor atm so winning statewide races there not altogether impossible

Steve Bullock won this lawsuit with the US Postal Service the other day, meaning they will have to reverse all the service changes made recently and prioritise election mail: Postal Service agrees to reverse service changes

here it comes

In a video posted to Facebook on Sept. 14, Dan Bongino, a popular right-wing commentator and radio host, declared that Democrats were planning a coup against President Donald Trump on Election Day.

For just over 11 minutes, Bongino talked about how bipartisan election experts who had met in June to plan for what might happen after people vote were actually holding exercises for such a coup. To support his baseless claim, he twisted the group’s words to fit his meaning.

Might encourage more early voting then

Kansas has a Dem governor atm so winning statewide races there not altogether impossible

Steve Bullock won this lawsuit with the US Postal Service the other day, meaning they will have to reverse all the service changes made recently and prioritise election mail: Postal Service agrees to reverse service changes
ahh...was it demographic changes which swung it for Kansas's governor? because if so, then I agree that one's in play.
Also, now I come to think of it, McConnell's not entirely safe in kentucky, which would be a win to toast long and loud
Great news on Bullock.

ahh...was it demographic changes which swung it for Kansas's governor? because if so, then I agree that one's in play.
Also, now I come to think of it, McConnell's not entirely safe in kentucky, which would be a win to toast long and loud
Great news on Bullock.
Previous governor was v unpopular - big tax cuts and cuts to state services and former Kansas Secretary of State Kris Kobach was also very unpopular - very involved in attempts to make it harder to vote.
Dem candidate is a former Republican who switched sides in protest at the rightward charge of the party.
Dems also won the state's third Congressional district in 2018 (around the Kansas City metro),breaking an eight year streak of entirely Republican representation for the state in Washington

Previous governor was v unpopular - big tax cuts and cuts to state services and former Kansas Secretary of State Kris Kobach was also very unpopular - very involved in attempts to make it harder to vote.
Dem candidate is a former Republican who switched sides in protest at the rightward charge of the party.
Dems also won the state's third Congressional district in 2018 (around the Kansas City metro),breaking an eight year streak of entirely Republican representation for the state in Washington
aahh...ta for that. V interesting, and yes that looks promising, notwithstanding the huge amount of rural voters.

This isn't good though:

You’ve seen the all of the eye-popping fundraising totals from Democrats: Joe Biden’s gob-smacking haul, Senate candidates smashing record after record, and House hopefuls bringing in once-unthinkable sums. But there’s one crucial, crucial area where Republicans are clobbering us: state legislative races.

The Democratic Legislative Campaign Committee, which exists to help elect Democrats to state legislatures across the country, raised $13 million in the third quarter of this year. But they got swamped by their GOP counterparts, the Republican State Leadership Committee, which brought in $23 million during the same timeframe. That’s not good.

It’s especially concerning because the November elections are our very last opportunity to determine who will have power over redistricting next year following the census. If Republicans are in charge, we’ll be subject to another decade of extreme gerrymanders seeking to lock in Republican rule. If, however, Democrats can make gains in the states, we can enact fair maps and redistricting reforms.

The last (Republican) governor and legislature really fucked up. They lowered taxes on the wealthy so much they didn't have money left for services. They so underfunded education that many schools had to close in the middle of the school year as their budgets were cut drastically without notice. Current governor is a DINO. I went to a conference on sustainable agriculture about the time all that was going down and the people of Kansas that I met were near ready to start lynching people.

The last (Republican) governor and legislature really fucked up. They lowered taxes on the wealthy so much they didn't have money left for services. They so underfunded education that many schools had to close in the middle of the school year as their budgets were cut drastically without notice. Current governor is a DINO. I went to a conference on sustainable agriculture about the time all that was going down and the people of Kansas that I met were near ready to start lynching people.
very revealing!

This isn't good though:

That's worrying. I'm hopeful that it's come too late in the day, and that GOP unpopularity in the federal elections will drift far enough dowballot to hit the State races

Crazy Sam Brownback attended the Methodist church my family attended. Then he converted to Catholicism because the Methodists weren’t anti-abortion enough.

VT has become the first state to hit 40% of its 2016 total. MN is over 30%, TX & VA just below 30%

Harris County reports over 80,000 people have voted in person today with three hours left so could very well hit 100,000 for the fourth day out of four

Nice summary of the Hunter Biden story (click through to read the thread):

That crook Giuliani's daughter has endorsed Joe Biden btw

And here, for your reading pleasure, courtesy of Ms carolyn Rose Giuliani, is an absolutely scorching article in Vanity Fair, explaining her stand and its' reasons.
A sample to whet your appetite:

I have a difficult confession—something I usually save for at least the second date. My father is Rudy Giuliani. We are multiverses apart, politically and otherwise. I’ve spent a lifetime forging an identity in the arts separate from my last name, so publicly declaring myself as a “Giuliani” feels counterintuitive, but I’ve come to realize that none of us can afford to be silent right now. The stakes are too high. I accept that most people will start reading this piece because you saw the headline with my father’s name. But now that you’re here, I’d like to tell you how urgent I think this moment is.

To anyone who feels overwhelmed or apathetic about this election, there is nothing I relate to more than desperation to escape corrosive political discourse. As a child, I saw firsthand the kind of cruel, selfish politics that Donald Trump has now inflicted on our country. It made me want to run as far away from them as possible. But trust me when I tell you: Running away does not solve the problem. We have to stand and fight. The only way to end this nightmare is to vote. There is hope on the horizon, but we’ll only grasp it if we elect Joe Biden and Kamala Harris.

here it comes

The world would be done a great service if Bongino was to be dropped into a volcano.

VT has become the first state to hit 40% of its 2016 total. MN is over 30%, TX & VA just below 30%

Harris County reports over 80,000 people have voted in person today with three hours left so could very well hit 100,000 for the fourth day out of four
Boom

They've broken their previous all time early voting daily record (last day of EV in 2016) four days in a row
Harris have organised 122 early voting locations, including drive-through options and run a fun Twitter account to get the vote out as well. Guess this is what happens when the governor tries to suppress your vote and everyone gets pissed off

Back
Top Bottom