Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

US election 2020 thread

So there is some talk of the 25th. I have a couple of questions...

If trump is removed by 25 will it prevent him running again in 2024.

Is there any legal mechanism to prevent his children running in 2024? Because if one of them does run, and win, you just know it will be Trump snr actually running things.
I don't know, but it seems unlikely - the 25th amendment isn't supposed to be about permanent removal of the President, only about making sure it's possible to transfer power quickly and simply if he's unable to perform his duties. I don't know how you'd stop any of his children running at any point, should they choose.

Yes I really don't see how a load of counter protestors turning up last night would have helped anything. It would have muddied the reporting. This way there is no way it can be reported any other way apart from "trump protestors violently oppose democracy" (apart from by crazy people who were never going to report any other way apart from crazy)
Yes, if they were there it could be reframed as 'Violent clashes' and ' They were peaceful but then Antifa got them so riled up that they went and invaded Capitol/it was only Antifa in the Capitol' etc

Someone pointed out that while lot of fash social media is all 'It's an antifa false flags', others are positing up selfies saying 'I was there!' :facepalm: :D

The tidalwave of hypocritical bullshit going on right now is hilarious.

OK, at least some people are facing some serious consequences:

:confused:God I'm getting old, had to google what both what twitch was and Pogchamp.
Interesting move. This whole period DOES have the feel of some dystopian video game but then, no surprise there

Is there any legal mechanism to prevent his children running in 2024? Because if one of them does run, and win, you just know it will be Trump snr actually running things.

He's very, very unlikely to be removed by the 25th from what I understand. And if he is they'd be nothing stopping his children running in 2024.

I don't know if his removal now would bar him from running in 2024, I expect if he's removed there might be bigger problems between now and 2024 to deal with than him running then.

He's very, very unlikely to be removed by the 25th from what I understand. And if he is they'd be nothing stopping his children running in 2024.
Loads of talk about it but I’m not clear on what the point would be, what could he do really in the 13 days that are left.
Woman on radio 4 early morning news saying he might start a war with Iran just to fuck things for Biden. Apart from that haven’t heard anything concrete as to what they are imagining they’d prevent by 25thing him now.

I don't know if his removal now would bar him from running in 2024, I expect if he's removed there might be bigger problems between now and 2024 to deal with than him running then.
Unless they can be convicted of a felony before that. Perhaps there would be enough evidence to charge insurrection.

I'm sure convicted felons would be prevented from holding office.

There needs to be a purge on the trump dynasty, imho.

Probably, but I think it depends. There is undoubtedly more on Trump than is publicly known about.
what does it depend on? I think the personal political damage any member of his cabinet would sustain through invoking the 25th - for the sake of two weeks - means it would be next to impossible to get the numbers to do it.

The only way it happens is if there's a significant escalation over the next few days. I'll review if that happens, but as it stands nah.

Reactions: LDC
just in case it wasn't clear A380, I was saying your hilarious meme is bullshit.
I worked that out. And I disagree with you. I think my hilarious meme is in fact quite funny and also highlights how we in ‘the democratic West’ are up ourselves. You won’t like my next one either.

Loads of talk about it but I’m not clear on what the point would be, what could he do really in the 13 days that are left.
Woman on radio 4 early morning news saying he might start a war with Iran just to fuck things for Biden. Apart from that haven’t heard anything concrete as to what they are imagining they’d prevent by 25thing him now.
If the 25th was successful, wouldn't that prevent him from running in 2024? Even with such a short time left of his term, I would have thought it would be politically advantageous for this to happen.

I worked that out. And I disagree with you. I think my hilarious meme is in fact quite funny and also highlights how we in ‘the democratic West’ are up ourselves. You won’t like my next one either.
I just don't care about your next one, as it's not reliant on racist stereotypes for it's humour.

THis is pretty offensive actually. Racist even...along with all the banana republic comments.

Ok, I’ll take that on board as I trust your opinion more than others. Will put it it behind spoilers. It’s the cast of a film - I think a publicity shot rather than a still- but will put it behind a spoiler.

Last edited:

I don't think Mr Trump can see out his former days as a US resident.

Here in the democratic west are indeed up ourselves...including doubling down on the use of offensive/racist imagery for bants, shits and giggles.

I disagree, but respect your perspectives on race normally so have put it behind a spoiler with some comments.

What does it mean that this poll reckons 45% of Republican voters ‘approve of’ the storming of the capitol building yesterday? I mean how do you interpret that.
Small poll numbers caveat etc.

Back
Top Bottom