Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

US election 2020 thread

The weak security is a bit of a puzzle. What are the odds that Trump intervened to make it that way, and consequently he'll be gone tomorrow?

Just idly wondering.

The weak security is a bit of a puzzle. What are the odds that Trump intervened to make it that way, and consequently he'll be gone tomorrow?

Just idly wondering.
When I was at the Capitol in 2012/13 on a work trip from the UK, I was quite surprised that security was less tight than the HoC, I got to stroll around past Rand Paul's open office door where a meeting was happening just a few feet away and I literally brushed shoulders with Marco Rubio.

Beeb:

DC Mayor Bowser just held a presser about the Capitol Hill protest.

She said the woman who was shot was part of a group of multiple individuals that forced entry into the House room that was still in session.

They were confronted by plainclothes officers, and an officer pulled out a weapon and fired it.

The woman was taken to hospital and proclaimed dead. Her ID is being withheld by authorities until next of kin are notified.

Ms Bowser said of the three other deaths today at the Capitol grounds, one was an adult female and two were adult males. All three involved unspecified, separate medical emergencies.

Some of the live streaming shitheads are being identified. More to come doubtless.

TA3oWxe.png

Link to tweet.

In a video posted on Monday Anthime Gionet aka 'Baked Alaska' had claimed to have tested positive for Coronavirus.
Baked Alaska Tests Positive For COVID, Attends Far-Right Protest Anyway - Daily Dot

And, from another part of the axis of stupidity, another live streamer was Derrick Evans, a recently sworn in Republican member of West Virginia's House of Delegates.
W.Va. delegate, just sworn in, was among the mob storming U.S. Capitol - WV MetroNews

nBoUn5D.png

Link to the tweet with the video extract.

Evans has issued a statement

“I want to thank everyone for their prayers today,” Evans said in a statement. “I am on the bus headed back home to WV. As many of you know, for the last few years I have traveled across the country to film many different events. Today, I had the opportunity to film another event in DC. I want to assure you all that I did not have any negative interactions with law enforcement, nor did I participate in any destruction that may have occurred. I was simply there as an independent member of the media to film history.”

The right wing internet, the whole sweep of it from Qanon to Fox celebs and Sarah Palin, seem to be saying just one thing right now, that any violence or embarrassing behaviour you saw yesterday was not real magas but a big antifa false flag operation, communists disguised as patriots.

Yup, over here the Trumpists are now trying to say it wasn't as bad as antifa/BLM murdering hundreds and burning cities down to the ground. And besides, we don't really support the GOP. WTF?

Just idly wondering.
Someone or multiple someones weren't interested in enforcing the laws. Who knows what the orange Mussolini will do in the next couple weeks. I doubt a mob will be allowed to storm a DC building again anytime soon though.

I don’t think the people in the pictures realise quite how much those images will be put through the Internet meme machine.
Good luck getting a job. Think republicans will help you? Lol

That's only a problem because they're neither dead nor in jail.

Back
Top Bottom