Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

US election 2020 thread

They’re reconvening later to carry on with the electoral college shizzle. Would be quite amusing to see if any of the blowhard Trumpists are still going to challenge the result, oblivious to how that would now look. One of them has already backed slowly away:

View attachment 247501

When push comes to shove no one wants a revolution, of any kind. They want the machine to remain intact, the machinery of government to keep churning on.

He’ll probably drift around from hotel to private island for a while too I expect. Except that he’s probably a really shit guest and won’t quite earn his keep in amusing anecdotes and charming repartee,
He's go to have a palace in which to hold court, though. He needs to be able to tell people their place isn't as amazing as his.

He's go to have a palace in which to hold court, though. He needs to be able to tell people their place isn't as amazing as his.

Yes, exactly this.

He can’t be a guest, not even a guest of honour.

Mar a Largo has served that purpose over the years. If he can’t settle there he’ll replicate it elsewhere. So long as the walls are high and the gates are strong and has acolytes can come and go easily, he won’t care where it is, because nothing outside his immediate range holds any interest for him. So long as it ticks certain boxes, fine.

Seymour's mailout tonight (he writes fast!) is good, and develops some similar points
I dont disagree, but there is also the possibility that without Trump and no one to fill his boots adequately, the whole thing will fester and then shrivel. Trump has worked tirelessly to rile up this crowd - its a hard act to follow. A core group will remain of course, but its a question of will it continue to grow or not.

problem is with the Donald, he doesn't actually have any mates. No one he can say " can I doss in your spare room for a while ? " I don't think he has a real friend in the world. SAD

People at that level of money * don’t have friends though; they have allies, and enemies about whom they know stuff.

ETA
* I’m including debt here too.

Last edited:
I dont disagree, but there is also the possibility that without Trump and no one to fill his boots adequately, the whole thing will fester and then shrivel. Trump has worked tirelessly to rile up this crowd - its a hard act to follow. A core group will remain of course, but its a question of will it continue to grow or not.
The crisis ain't gonna get better in the coming years. Fertile ground for some other shitcunt

It’s doesn’t need to expand in public if it becomes a low grade chronic insurrection, a gueurilla war.

And the militia, the ruby ridgers and Timothy mcVeighs.

This will nourish them, a lot.
Maybe. They were already there, of course, before Trump. Trump's finished politically after this. Even his staunchest supporters in politics are pulling away now. I'm not so sure this fiasco does nourish them, tbh. It's a pathetic attempt at a coup, really just embarrassingly bad. They've been shown up as clueless idiots. Not exactly inspiring for the next generation.

Maybe. They were already there, of course, before Trump. Trump's finished politically after this. Even his staunchest supporters in politics are pulling away now. I'm not so sure this fiasco does nourish them, tbh. It's a pathetic attempt at a coup, really just embarrassingly bad. They've been shown up as clueless idiots. Not exactly inspiring for the next generation.

I really hope you’re right.

But I have a bad feeling about this.

I’ve been running this story (what happened today) with various people for several months. Only hinted at on here because I’ve felt like Cassandra and couldn’t be arsed with the inevitable pile on.

It depends on how quickly Trump can be swallowed by the waters of history and how effectively Biden steps up.

But the underlying wound, which Trump revealed, isn’t going away and isn’t going to mend

Back
Top Bottom