Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

US election 2020 thread

My Republican family in the South are celebrating .
My Dem family are in pieces. Actually beyond words for the moment.

Friend in DC (has worked in the foreign policy department under four presidents) is sanguine, determined, wary but not overly concerned.

Family in NY are stunned, worried, reading this thread now I’ve told them to (* waves *)

Friend in Maine (in her 90s) is calm but concernd. Joking that her friends who’ve died are glad not to see this.

Still waiting to hear from the West coast and Texas.

My Republican family in the South are celebrating .
My Dem family are in pieces. Actually beyond words for the moment.

Friend in DC (has worked in the foreign policy department under four presidents) is sanguine, determined, wary but not overly concerned.

Family in NY are stunned, worried, reading this thread now I’ve told them to (* waves *)

Friend in Maine (in her 90s) is calm but concernd. Joking that her friends who’ve died are glad not to see this.

Still waiting to hear from the West coast and Texas.

Where is the cunt gonna live from now on? Surely he can't go back to NY?

Senator Mitt Romney condemned the events of today, describing the storming of the Capitol as “an insurrection, incited by the President of the United States”.

The Utah Republican said in a new statement, “Those who choose to continue to support his dangerous gambit by objecting to the results of a legitimate, democratic election will forever be seen as being complicit in an unprecedented attack against our democracy. They will be remembered for their role in this shameful episode in American history. That will be their legacy.”
Romney called on the Senate to continue with the counting of electoral college votes without any further objections.
“I urge my colleagues to move forward with completing the electoral count, to refrain from further objections, and to unanimously affirm the legitimacy of the presidential election,” Romney said.

George W Bush condemned the violence at the US Capitol today, describing the events of the day as an “insurrection” and criticizing the “reckless behavior” of some lawmakers since election day.
“Laura and I are watching the scenes of mayhem unfolding at the seat of our Nation’s government in disbelief and dismay. It is a sickening and heartbreaking sight. This is how election results are disputed in a banana republic – not our democratic republic,” the former Republican president said in a statement.
“I am appalled by the reckless behavior of some political leaders since the election and by the lack of respect shown today for our institutions, our traditions, and our law enforcement. The violent assault on the Capitol – and disruption of a Constitutionally-mandated meeting of Congress – was undertaken by people whose passions have been inflamed by falsehoods and false hopes.
“Insurrection could do grave damage to our Nation and reputation. In the United States of America, it is the fundamental responsibility of every patriotic citizen to support the rule of law. To those who are disappointed in the results of the election: Our country is more important than the politics of the moment. Let the officials elected by the people fulfill their duties and represent our voices in peace and safety. May God continue to bless the United States of America.”
Bush, the only living Republican president besides Donald Trump, announced yesterday that he would attend Joe Biden’s inauguration later this month.

I mean... :eek:

They've made their move. It's that vain shitcunt sowing the betrayal myth that needs to be brought down.

Trump will play this tune over and over again.

He will not be dissuaded from it because it is providing enormous narcissistic supply.

He says “It’ll be wild!’ and it was so.

He wants minions. He want an orc army. And here they are.

RIght now, he’s as happy as he’s ever going to be in his life.

it's all a plot by the deep state to decapitate the true warriors of Free Americans before they grow into an unstoppable force

He's had Mar a Lago in Florida as his main address for some time now. He did have plans to fly to Scotland the day before the inauguration, but I think Sturgeon has other ideas.
he's not actually allowed to have that as his permanent residence though, it was a term of... some expansion to it years ago

He's had Mar a Lago in Florida as his main address for some time now. He did have plans to fly to Scotland the day before the inauguration, but I think Sturgeon has other ideas.

I thought he’d been barred from changing Mar a Lago to a place of residence?

If he can live there, he will, at least for the time being.

They’re reconvening later to carry on with the electoral college shizzle. Would be quite amusing to see if any of the blowhard Trumpists are still going to challenge the result, oblivious to how that would now look. One of them has already backed slowly away:

5195623E-D6A9-4D75-A53B-90900DFB6532.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom