Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

US election 2020 thread

If he dies it'll be bad. Imagine the QAnon conspiracies, the White Supremacists having a martyr, the Evangelicals having a Saint.

Yea I am not saying it's fake but someone said that the test might not be reliable.

Given his behaviour, the unwillingness to socially distance or wear masks, and the number of people he comes into contact with, it was highly likely he would get it at some point. There's really no need to seek out an alternative explanation involving a conspiracy to create a pretence that he has it - the chances of such a scheme being hatched and successfully carried out without leaking are tiny in comparison.

Also doubt it's fake, debates aren't going to shift the needle much anyway, so why go this far to avoid them? Plus his entire campaign is based on being loud and on tour to solidify the base. Hurts him to lose that.
is it two weeks he is supposed to stay at home with his wife who hates him, no crowds no press to shout at, just eating burgers in front of the tv?

Given his behaviour, the unwillingness to socially distance or wear masks, and the number of people he comes into contact with, it was highly likely he would get it at some point. There's really no need to seek out an alternative explanation involving a conspiracy to create a pretence that he has it - the chances of such a scheme being hatched and successfully carried out without leaking are tiny in comparison.

I thought the only reason he hadn't gotten it until now might have been because he has built up an incredibly strong immune system over a lifetime of servants spitting in his food.

On reflection, there's probably too many ways a lie could be revealed. He probably has it. It's still not necessarily good news though.
Yep, I can see more scenarios where this harms Biden than Trump.

But just thinking about the Trump dies or becomes too ill to stand scenario (unlikely, I know), how do they get Pence or anyone else on the ballot fro President? Significant numbers will have already voted on a Trump v Biden ballot. Admittedly, I could go and look this up...

Edit: this poses but doesn't really answer the question:

Yep, I can see more scenarios where this harms Biden than Trump.

But just thinking about the Trump dies or becomes too ill to stand scenario (unlikely, I know), how do they get Pence or anyone else on the ballot fro President? Significant numbers will have already voted on a Trump v Biden ballot. Admittedly, I could go and look this up...

Edit: this poses but doesn't really answer the question:

The supreme court would decide...oh..... :(

Herman Cain, another 74-year-old Republican hydroxychloroquine enthusiast, died 31 days after he was diagnosed with the coronavirus following a Trump rally.

If it goes the same way for Trump, he'll die on Election Day - hard to imagine him gaining many votes after the diagnosis, but everything else this year has been so weird that it seems fitting that Americans might end up electing a dead president.

Herman Cain, another 74-year-old Republican hydroxychloroquine enthusiast, died 31 days after he was diagnosed with the coronavirus following a Trump rally.

If it goes the same way for Trump, he'll die on Election Day - hard to imagine him gaining many votes after the diagnosis, but everything else this year has been so weird that it seems fitting that Americans might end up electing a dead president.
Imagine if he dies a few days before the election, and it all dissolves into some Weekend At Bernie's farce to get him over the line so Pence can take over....

Meanwhile it looks like Biden's fundraising hit another record month:

Democratic presidential nominee Joe Biden’s campaign set another fundraising record in September, surpassing the unprecedented $364.5 million it raised in August, according to three people familiar with the matter.

An exact number was not yet available, but the people said the campaign and the Democratic National Committee brought in more money in September than August, which was the biggest campaign fundraising month in the history of modern presidential politics.

Democrats across the board saw a cash windfall last month after the death of Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg as President Donald Trump moved to fill her seat on the Supreme Court before the Nov. 3 election.

Some of the money came in late. Biden raised $31.5 million in just over 24 hours after Tuesday night’s raucous presidential debate in Cleveland, according to Rob Flaherty, the campaign’s digital director, with $10 million of that amount coming between 9 p.m. and midnight.

That gives Biden the most cash on hand before the election. Most of the time the candidate who raised the most money generally wins. That's wrong on a lot of levels, but gives me some hope that Trump won't win again. I still have a feeling deep in the pit of my stomach that Trump will still win.

I guess the dems have to find some way of making him look bad while, you know, taking the high moral ground and not openly hoping he dies

Back
Top Bottom