Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Urban75 Album of the Year 1992

Btw if you said to a younger millennial metal fan which 1992 album changed the scene they'd probably say Dream Theater's Images and Words. It's really big among people younger than the U75 demographic.

thats what the thread is all about! well not even to influence people, just to share what people know and like to suggest things to listen to and be aware of....more important than the hierarchical oppressive FASCIST poll results ;)

Be patient. You never know. Maybe The Fall will win again and all order will be restored.

OK lonely no.1's. All =29th place.

Possibly painful realisations or a celebration of someone's favourite obscurity. A few surprises in here. Includes Boris Sprinkler semi-official late entry.

Jim O'Rourke - Scend

jim-orourke-scend-Cover-Art.jpg

Swirlies - What to do about them

swirlies-what-to-do-about-them-Cover-Art.jpg

Cesária Évora - Miss Perfumado
cesaria-evora-miss-perfumado-Cover-Art.jpg

Barry Adamson - Soul Murder

barry-adamson-soul-murder-Cover-Art.jpg

Tori Amos - Little Earthquakes

tori-amos-little-earthquakes-Cover-Art.jpg

Julian Cope - Jehovakill

julian-cope-jehovahkill-Cover-Art.jpg

Rebel MC - Word Sound Power

rebel-mc-word-sound-and-power-Cover-Art.jpg

Possibly painful realisations or a celebration of someone's favourite obscurity. A few surprises in here. Includes Boris Sprinkler semi-official late entry.

Jim O'Rourke - Scend

Julian Cope - Jehovakill

Loads there that I've not heard and sound like I need to listen to properly

Jim O'Rourke - Scend

Julian Cope - Jehovakill

I'm genuinely amazed that none of the albums I voted for are in this list and that at least one other person must have voted for all of them. There are at least four which I fully expected to be the only one including in a list.

Will be interested to see who else voted for

The Dead C and Morton Feldman

I'm genuinely amazed that none of the albums I voted for are in this list and that at least one other person must have voted for all of them. There are at least four which I fully expected to be the only one including in a list.

Will be interested to see who else voted for

The Dead C and Morton Feldman

As yours were all joint they don't count as no.1 spots, more 5.5 spots so I didn't include them in the lonely no.1's. But I won't spoil which of yours got other votes, I think you'll be pleasantly surprised by one of them.

As yours were all joint they don't count as no.1 spots, more 5.5 spots so I didn't include them in the lonely no.1's. But I won't spoil which of yours got other votes, I think you'll be pleasantly surprised by one of them.

OK, I'll try to be patient...

19 - London Sinfonietta/David Zinman (con)/Dawn Upshaw (sop) - Henryk Mikołaj Górecki - Symphony No. 3

london-sinfonietta-david-zinman-dawn-upshaw-symphony-no-3-Cover-Art.jpg

Is this the first time an orchestral piece has made the top 20? Anyway, this is a classic performance of a work that made Górecki's name with the broader public. Spiritual minimalism.

Back
Top Bottom