Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Urban75 Album of the Year 2004

Think I might've mentioned on the 2003 thread that I've never really gone past 2002 in Jason Molina's discography, but for those who want to explore post-2002 Molina, here's Pyramid Electric Co:

A Girl Called Eddy- A Girl Called Eddy

Sumptuous and lush exploration of romance, heartbreak and 60s/70s pop. If we could clone Chrissie Hynde singing Burt Bacharach, Brian Wilson, Carly Simon and Jim Webb type songs this would be the result.

Like almost all Squarepusher albums, Ultravisitor threatens to be an absolute classic, but doesn't quite make it. It's too long, and I wonder if he'd be better if he had someone alongside him to act as an "editor".

Max Richter- The Blue Note Books

Richters second album is a beautiful and reflective work built around Nora Swinton reading extracts from Kafka and classical influenced music .

“a protest album about Iraq, a meditation on violence – both the violence that I had personally experienced around me as a child and the violence of war …”

You'll have heard some of these pieces in soundtracks of films and TV series however the experience of listening to the whole album is so much more rewarding and almost a unique experience.

This is a later recording of The Nature of Daylight

Think I might've mentioned on the 2003 thread that I've never really gone past 2002 in Jason Molina's discography, but for those who want to explore post-2002 Molina, here's Pyramid Electric Co:

OK yeah this sounds like the good old Molina, it's definitely not Kiss.

Back
Top Bottom