Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Urban v's the Commentariat

I think he's writing a book so only activates it sporadically when he's got something to promote etc
Ah, fair enough - he seemed to have been around for an argument/discussion of an article earlier today that's now impossible to piece back together due to his posts having disappeared, I didn't think that anything super dramatic seemed to have happened from what I can tell but always hard to say with twitter.

Who needs Novara when we've got...

CVtitle.png

Time for a Proletarian Democracy Reacts channel before novara do one. Speeches and so forth by lefty luminaries to get broken down by a couple of the youngest members, anyone under 45 will do.

Not quite Urban vs the commentariat but rather private companies shits the bed about bad reviews. Apparently NZ company Zuru, a toy maker has won a courtcase in California that means that workers who gave the company a bad review have to be named, and open to possible* defamation cases. The reviews said that the company was a 'burn out factory' and had 'incompetent management'.

Nothing that workers in most workplaces say each and every day.

The authoritarian turn in the state and private government is something to behold.

*edited in.

Last edited:
in every case where the internet can be used by little people to tell exploiters and arseholes, sex cases and/or MPs a thing or two about themselfs, they respond by trying to identify the person at the keyboard so they can bring real world consequences to bear on individuals. I expect to see serious attempts to make a digital ID tied to your real life info a prerequisite of surfing before I shuffle.

Not quite Urban vs the commentariat but rather private companies shits the bed about bad reviews. Apparently NZ company Zuru, a toy maker has won a courtcase in California that means that workers who gave the company a bad review have to be named, and open to possible* defamation cases. The reviews said that the company was a 'burn out factory' and had 'incompetent management'.

Nothing that workers in most workplaces say each and every day.

The authoritarian turn in the state and private government is something to behold.

*edited in.
If they comply that's essentially their firm over and done with I'd have thought. If it was me I'd be tempted to just delete the details, take whatever fine was handed down and get to encrypting/moving out absolutely everything in sight ...

As in it’s ex council but the council retain the leasehold ?
ExCouncil and the Council will retain the freehold: the buyer, either Penny or her landlord, will have, I assume, bought the property on a long lease.

Suppose this is probably the right thread, or as good a thread as any, for Eddie Dempsey vs Femi Oluwole?

Probably quite a bit to be said on this one, I think Dempsey is a dick in several ways but also think that he may well have been misrepresented here? Also I'm not watching this guy's 10-minute video but from briefly skipping through it I saw he was encouraging people to take any money that they would've donated to his legal funds and give it to Enough is Enough or the RMT, which is a pretty solid gesture, fair play to him on that one.

hitmouse I saw some of it and it seems to hinge on the classic “liberals are fabulous, progressive and anti-racist” vs “liberals are centrist shitbags who look down their noses at working class people”.

I don't think Femi really understands the arguments against identity politics and Dempsey is too much of a cunt to make them. Femi will be ok anyway. Dempsey threatened to sue people who said he was a bouncer for Beeley even though they were just repeating what Gerry Downing said in his weekly worker letter. He hasn't sued either of them funny enough. He just has the resources for these antics.

No 'Hot Centrist Takes' thread yet, so I'll shove this here. Hannah Al-Othman is a Buzzfeed hack who sees a commitment to social justice and a commitment to social injustice and thinks 'wow, snap!'

1664529404454.png

Attachments

• 1664529398662.png
    1664529398662.png
    315 KB · Views: 1
Urban V the Commentariat?, its a part of the same....a small part
Half the most vocal posters here spend their days regurgitating shit from twitter

Urban V the Commentariat?, its a part of the same....a small part
Half the most vocal posters here spend their days regurgitating shit from twitter
I think it’s supposed to frame it as a bunch of plucky Americans anarchists up against the Main Stream Media…

Back
Top Bottom