Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Urban v's the Commentariat

That particular chapter sailed right past me is it okay to call Laura a fucking idiot without getting labelled a misogynist?

Fantastic.

Will we plucky outsiders of £30k a year Brighton College and Oxford succeed

This is a little bit bollocks, and despite being so 'connected', the last person you chose to stand up behind was a nazi weirdo.
She claims this generation is braver and less naive than any other? Tell that to those who went into any number of wars when they were teenagers.

I'll just leave that link there - it's a news report on the opening of the new music school at penny's former school. Look who opened it.

The college’s chamber choir were thrilled to accompany him on the track for an event which marked the official opening of the Eastern Road school’s brand new music school, designed by world-renowned Eric Parry Architects.

Director of music at the college Sandy Chenery said: “I think everyone felt watching David Gilmour live in such a wonderful setting was a very special moment.

“It marks the end of a long period of hard work by so many people to create a space that is breathtakingly beautiful.

“Every detail from the height of the asymmetrical gable to the seat fabric, from the moveable wall panels to the precise dimensions of each piece of glass has been designed to enhance the acoustics and make it both flexible and appropriate for the wide variety of music making that takes place here every day.”

The new building has a double-height recital hall, a ‘floating roof’ and full-height glass wall overlooking the sports fields.

The building also houses a percussion and rock room, a recording control room, additional music practice and teaching rooms, a seminar room for teaching and private study and a music library housing all orchestra, choral, instrumental and band music.

Well, that all sounds just a wee bit different from my old comprehensive. Oh, poor Laurie, how she must have suffered in that school environment, lacking so much. :D

Plucky outsiders bucking the odds.

brighton college plucky outsiders .jpg

brighton college plucky underdogs.jpg

Nick Cohen claimed he was going to have a go at LP's free speech delusion piece but will probably shelve it in favour of some liberal chestbeating following the attacks.

Last edited:
It's a simple logic that equates dislike for Laura's shenanigans with hatred of all women, but what else can we expect from a bubblehead (i.e. educational bubble, in case she's reading and thinks I'm indulging in misogynist abuse!) like her?
heaven forbid her work is criticised for being bad. It must be that she's getting criticism for her gender.

heaven forbid her work is criticised for being bad. It must be that she's getting criticism for her gender.

493_500_csupload_60602823.jpg

Regarding her latest content-free guff, it's amazing that she seems to think that activists being smeared and insulted by the opposition is somehow something new. Or is it just new when it offers byline fodder?

It's a little bit journalism.

Is it really worth going on and on about Laurie?

Her writing's not very good. She has not much to say beyond reheated white-liberal middle class platitudes, and some co-opted identity politics narcissism, culled from twitter and half understood.

In that case she is not much more than most "opinion formers" before her- Polly T, Yasmin Alibhai, Alexander Chancellor, Rod Liddle, etc etc etc

These parasites only exist because we create the space for them to exist, by reading and commenting on their "work". And these people are genuine parasites- feeding off social and political energy and slackening it whilst adding, pointlessly, to the noise that accompanies it.

If we ignore them, they will go away. It is not surprise that a privately educated Oxbridge grad has opinions like hers, nor that the 0.5% of the population who have a) heard of her and b) can be bothered to engage with what she has to say think she is somehow an authentic "voice of youth protest".

she'll end her days as a Liberal Democrat Baroness in the House of Lords. We all know this. There's no point orbiting her very weak and distant sun like so much space junk.

they will go away from *the media*. if only the middle class would go away, more generally, if ignored.
who do you think they are writing for? Not us. Might occaisonally be about us (cf Owen Jones) but the audience of the Staesman, the guardian all the panopoly of shit liberal leftish mags cater for the middle class liberal. You've only got to look at who and what advertises in them to see where the dmographic is

Back
Top Bottom