Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Urban v's the Commentariat

Here's an important lesson every Guardian reader seems to need to learn either from books or the hard way -the likes of Michael White will always be on the sides of the bosses and the death squads; not necessarily with the stomach for actually pressing the gun barrel into the eye socket, clamping the electrodes to the genitals or pulling the knife across the infant's throat, but always with the weasel words to 'explain' why it is necessary or inevitable or desirable.

Me: @MichaelWhite Condescension comes easy to you given your lofty position. Me, I have to try a little harder. I lack aspiration obviously.

Feel free to wade in, I'm not so sure I have the tools to level this apologist for fascism as my bayonet is not long enough.

Goldie Hawn - why we've got them all wrong

:facepalm: :mad: :facepalm: :mad: :mad:

:confused:

goldie-hawn-private-benjamin-inline.jpg

I wouldn't say I'm a l33t cybergeek ubermensch like urban75 poster and "top 10 to 1" percenter of society Laurie, but I h@><0r3d the internet using a secret tool called 'googlemaps' and found a McDonald's beside the conference hotel, plus 2 pubs, an Italian restaurant and a shop a few minutes walk away. I also found €5 on the path yesterday, but that was analogue skillz.

I wouldn't say I'm a l33t cybergeek ubermensch like urban75 poster and "top 10 to 1" percenter of society Laurie, but I h@><0r3d the internet using a secret tool called 'googlemaps' and found a McDonald's beside the conference hotel, plus 2 pubs, an Italian restaurant and a shop a few minutes walk away. I also found €5 on the path yesterday, but that was analogue skillz.
:D:D

Food deserts are an actual thing which cause malnutrition for working-class Americans, it's just a crass thing to say

An actual thing for the working class everywhere. I have a cousin who lives outside of Norwich. Nearest "corner shop" is a mile (and ridiculously expensive), nearest choice of shops 3 miles, no car, and the bus service sucks like an industrial vacuum cleaner.

It was the food desert comparison rather than the complaining about the expense of food in the hotel that prompted me to post it up

Back
Top Bottom