Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Urban v's the Commentariat

the discussion is from gamegate but has moved on- theres this MIT bloke saying how nerdy lads are oppressed by etc I don't need to go into it all.

With all of these arguments (terfs, refusing to think that there is anything problematic about 'sex work', some of the terfs detractors who are using their total vileness as an excuse for misogyny) etc, I am becoming a bit embarrassed about saying that I am a feminist :(

Is there a space any more within feminism for a class based approach about things that doesn't involve terfery or thinking that everything about sex work is great and everyone who does it is liberated? And some bollocks about killing all men?

I honestly don't know.

With all of these arguments (terfs, refusing to think that there is anything problematic about 'sex work', some of the terfs detractors who are using their total vileness as an excuse for misogyny) etc, I am becoming a bit embarrassed about saying that I am a feminist :(

This is one of the reasons why I don't call myself one.

Surely all that terf bullshit it the equivalent of the all men are rapist crap of feminism past: Nonsense nutty fringe stuff waved around by feminisms enemies as evidence of the movement as a whole's nuttiness.

Just ignore it and do some real politics instead. Its a waste of your mental energy giving it any time at all.

Surely all that terf bullshit it the equivalent of the all men are rapist crap of feminism past: Nonsense nutty fringe stuff waved around by feminisms enemies as evidence of the movement as a whole's nuttiness.

Just ignore it and do some real politics instead. Its a waste of your mental energy giving it any time at all.

all politics has some idiots attached. feminism has these idiots. don't worry about them, they make a lot of noise but there's not really that many of them compared to sensible marxist-feminists (or even liberal choosy choicey feminists).

all politics has some idiots attached. feminism has these idiots. don't worry about them, they make a lot of noise but there's not really that many of them compared to sensible marxist-feminists (or even liberal choosy choicey feminists).

They are often louder though. Unfortunately.

it's not so bad when ti's terf crap being waved about by MRAs as evidence we're all nutters. the worst bit is terf/political lesbian fucknuts - like brennan working with a voice for men and other mra fucknuts. while still claiming to be radical feminists

Why did she do that?
it's not so bad when ti's terf crap being waved about by MRAs as evidence we're all nutters. the worst bit is terf/political lesbian fucknuts - like brennan working with a voice for men and other mra fucknuts. while still claiming to be radical feminists

Back
Top Bottom