Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Urban v's the Commentariat

Fifty years out of date. How would you differentiate the working class apes from the middle class apes?

It was the offensive social assumptions of the twat who set the syllabus with regard to class I was mocking in my post. I think me and that person would differ in our conceptualisations of social class.

It was the offensive social assumptions of the twat who set the syllabus with regard to class I was mocking in my post. I think me and that person would differ in our conceptualisations of social class.

I'd differ in my conceptualisation of hyper-masculinity, which you're unlikely to see at a match supported by shandy-swigging southern ponces. Old Trafford tomorrow on the other hand will have the real McCoy.

There seems to be some really unpleasant transphobia on some of these tumblr feminist sites, but directed against trans men who are 'letting the side down' and 'gaining male privilege' and it seems to be justified on a 'political' basis.

Er...

isn't that the whole TERF thing? or is it normally aimed at m2f people?

No, this is different because people who aren't terfs are joining in with it. Although the terfs are part of it as well. They're saying that if you are a trans guy you have got male privilege and people can't be prejudiced against you because misandry doesn't exist, even when going on to say something completely prejudiced.

In any case I am pretty sure that misandry does exist but it's a result of patriarchy isn't it? Ie men being expected to be strong and suppress their emotions, being afraid to go to the docs over things like testicular cancer etc. That's a bad effect of patriarchal attitudes on men :hmm:

In any case I am pretty sure that misandry does exist but it's a result of patriarchy isn't it? Ie men being expected to be strong and suppress their emotions, being afraid to go to the docs over things like testicular cancer etc. That's a bad effect of patriarchal attitudes on men :hmm:
put very simple its entirely possible to called a faggot for not doing what our society shows us to be male things- if you don't measure up to that you are a faggot, a fanny, all those feminizing/homophobic terms which basically mean 'not worthy of the cock you own, must be a shirtlifter'. Its the male version/ counterweight to structural enforcements of gender and sexuality more often and obviously visited upon sistrens I suppose

I distinctly remember hearing the phrase "acquiring male privilege" used against FtM trans people on twitter last year if that's of any interest

This is the sort of thing I have read in the last few days and been horrified by. If you want to see some really nasty examples of this you don't have to look very far unfortunately. I'm not going to link to any of it but check out the 'truscum debate' ugh.

Back
Top Bottom