Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Urban v's the Commentariat

Before forgetting, this is absolutely priceless:

"Do you know who I am..?"

Yes, Penny Dreadful, we do. You build your 'ethical brand' by running stories about benefit claimants threatening suicide even when professionals have expressly advised you not to run the story in question.

A most apposite demonstration of your idea of press ethics, as far as I can see.

*grabs popcorn*

eGhxeTFjMTI_o_just-when-i-thought-i-was-out-they-pull-me-back-in.jpg

I might spend the next few weeks learning how to mimic Molly's drawing style. Had a quick go recently, it's pretty easy.
Dunno much about art, but she already looks doomed to repeat herself. Her agent retweeted me for suggesting she's having a go at being the new banksy. As an aside, I'm pretty sure that if we put on an exhibition of PD art and we used naked women in baths to promote it, we'd get in trouble.

Dunno much about art, but she already looks doomed to repeat herself. Her agent retweeted me for suggesting she's having a go at being the new banksy. As an aside, I'm pretty sure that if we put on an exhibition of PD art and we used naked women in baths to promote it, we'd get in trouble.

Well...she obviously has a certain amount of skill in her drawing/draughtsmanship and the style she works in is ideally suited to illustration. But it's far from great art.

I love the idea that you need to go to Harvard to find out that you shouldn't lie about what others have said, most people learn that that is wrong when they compulsively lie as a toddler and are corrected by their parents. Evidently Penny's rich lawyer parents never told her that lying is wrong so now she has to go to Harvard where she will, uhh.. I actually have no idea, find out better ways to justify her behaviour?

Oh look, everyone who points this out is a misogynist, surprising

...wouldn't that make her attacks on Nesrine Malik racist?

Last edited:
I love the idea that you need to go to Harvard to find out that you shouldn't lie about what others have said, most people learn that that is wrong when they compulsively lie as a toddler and are corrected by their parents. Evidently Penny's rich lawyer parents never told her that lying is wrong so now she has to go to Harvard where she will, uhh.. I actually have no idea, find out better ways to justify her behaviour?

You miss the point, it's like that M&S ad - you may think that you're honest and ethical but you're still not commentariat honest and ethical. Don't worry, few years at Harvard will sort that right out. Or just wait til Laurie Penny graduates and she'll no doubt explain it all to you in a concise and not at all egotistical article.

All that said, nesrine malik can get to fuck as well.

malik said:
Taking a risk and earning commensurate reward on the either the perspicacity or audacity of the stake is the cornerstone of the globalised economy of opportunity in which we live.

I really wanted to avoid penny as well, but that tweet is just so perfect. It needs repeating i think:

Back
Top Bottom