Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Urban v's the Commentariat

The 'internship treadmill' is only open to you in the first place if your parents are paying you an allowance. The rest of us are stuck with the low wages forever. They've got a fat salary at the end of it.

Exactly. And by participating in the 'internship treadmill' (even if protesting the fact) they're ensuring it survives as a means of selecting the voices we get to hear louder than any others. I'd imagine most people have no fucking idea what it actually is.

It's like people who moan about the high cost of gig/festival tickets they've bought without realising they're the fucking problem. High prices exist because people pay them without considering who they're pricing out with such an endorsement.

TE="Theisticle, post: 13254199, member: 60429"]A hand-wringing press release for her new book. This should be labelled as such.[/QUOTE]
Shes not self aware, tho she should b by now. It's not like there's a lack of ppl *helping* her reach self-awareness

IMO this Magaluf reaction is like taking a tour of hell and expressing surprise at all the horror one finds. Isn't this sort of thing what these places exist for?

Well we square middle aged people might not know what they're like - I wouldn't have known if I hadn't chanced upon a documentary about Ayia Napa or whatever that place is called one night.

IMO this Magaluf reaction is like taking a tour of hell and expressing surprise at all the horror one finds. Isn't this sort of thing what these places exist for?

Although this is a notch up from what I've ever seen at home, this is very similar to Saturday nights out in tourist pubs in Blackpool. You can find free drinks offers for girls prepared to have a bucket of water thrown over their chests in seaside resorts in Britain. Is Laurie from Brighton? Maybe the Soho-on-Sea aspect of the town has stopped it happening there.

[QUOTE Equationgirl, post: 13254738, member: 17853"]I couldn't even finish that. Is it me or has her writing got even worse recently?[/QUOTE]

Lol thats so funny, I couldn't finish it either. Think I gave up just b4 half way point

[QUOTE Equationgirl, post: 13254738, member: 17853"]I couldn't even finish that. Is it me or has her writing got even worse recently?

Lol thats so funny, I couldn't finish it either. Think I gave up just b4 half way point[/QUOTE]

At its worst, trying to finish one of her articles is rather like entering the Le Mans 24 Hours in a pedal car, yes.

Although this is a notch up from what I've ever seen at home, this is very similar to Saturday nights out in tourist pubs in Blackpool. You can find free drinks offers for girls prepared to have a bucket of water thrown over their chests in seaside resorts in Britain. Is Laurie from Brighton? Maybe the Soho-on-Sea aspect of the town has stopped it happening there.

She has mates who do it, 'ironically.'

she went into the KFC in brixton on thatcher party day?

it would be nice if she discovered a proper class analysis. we'll see.

I doubt she'd recognise a decent class analysis if it stripped naked in front of her, covered itself in custard and started dancing the Watusi.

Still, hope might for once triumph over experience.

Just noticed the photo that accompanied the guard article shows a reflection of a man wearing a hi-vis jacket, presumably having just bought a copy of the sun, either to confirm his prejudices against *Magaluf Woman* or possibly to reminisce on similar holidays he's taken himself. When he's not in rainy england, being reflected in a tabloid display of course. Think that's the class stereotype. I mean analysis.

Back
Top Bottom