Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Ukraine and the Russian invasion, 2022-24

And as for receiving any meaningful information from the state through this means...as i said to Mrs B this morning...when we see everyone else running out of their front doors, pulling their hair out and screaming...we'll know that we've missed a message from Big Brother.

Sending a warning message to my mobile might not be as effective as they think in my case. At home I always leave my mobile on my desk in my office so I often miss texts or phone calls if I'm elsewhere in the house.
Mrs Q knows this and normally rings the landline if she wants me urgently. I will just have to rely on her getting the message and then calling me to tell me to check my mobile phone.

As for Mad Bad Vlad and the Court of International Righteous Indignation, all very well but let's face it, long before there is a real possibility of him being handed over to the Hague he will have taken part in the great Russian tradition of window diving. I'm sure the Ukrainians will make a few approving noises but what they truly care about is that the West keeps the bullets, rockets and missiles coming.

They aren’t doing anything on your phone just sending a forced message via the signal that your phone is configured for (fuck knows how I can’t find tech details but I’m assuming manufacturers and software design have installed something. This is standard tech in several countries)

Your phone isn’t reporting your phone is getting the standard signal and when it gets the 4g signal from the tower it alerts.

If your phone currently works you’re sending them the same data you already do by connecting to the network when they send the alert

If the nukes went flying, we'd be in a spot of bother. Not just from Russia, but the DPRK and China. If the quakes, meltdowns, landslides, tsunamis dont get us first...

Reactions: tim
How one Ukrainian father rescued his children from Russia

“When I got out from prison, again, my first thoughts were of my children,” he said. “After they let me out from Olenivka, I got to Donetsk [city] on 26 May to pick up my documents and find out where they were.”

Mezhevyi noticed that his children’s birth certificates were missing. When he asked an official from the occupying authorities what had happened, he was told that his children had been flown to Moscow that morning “to a camp”

I'm not actually suggesting it poses any tangible danger; just that i don't want the state muscling in on my phone...we have to listen to enough bullshit from them as it is.
Well if they start using it for things that are not genuine emergencies then i'll disable it (I'll allow the test though).

Some footage and reports that Ukranian kamikaze drone took out train load of Russian cruise missiles last night, its a little confusing as although the preceding sound is certainly of a small 2 stroke engine typical of the small Kamikaze drones with warheads around 15kg, the single large blast is from something far more powerful. maybe lucky direct hit on an exposed warhead which seems unlikely to me or a larger weapon was used alongside and at the same time the smaller drones went in, crackles before the explosion are small arms fire, assume directed at the drones

And Leopard 2 Tanks now in Ukraine

Targeting an "invincibility centre" - a help station providing warmth, food, phone charging stations, etc. to civilians - seems like an especially cruel and cynical move even by rock-bottom Russian standards.

Three women were among at least five people killed after a Russian missile struck one of the “invincibility points” providing refuge and basic services for Ukrainian civilians in the eastern city of Kostiantynivka in the Donetsk region, local officials said. The Russians attacked overnight on Thursday with S-300 anti-aircraft missiles, prosecutors said.

If they hit it with an S-300 then they didn't target it because that's a surface-to-air system. They can fire it balistically in a certain direction and it might hit something on the ground when it expends its fuel and descends but they don't have any control over what it will hit.

He's acting like a parent of a recalcitrant kid..."I will nuke you after 5...one, two, three, four, four and a half, four and three quarters..."

Back
Top Bottom