Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Ukraine and the Russian invasion, 2022-24

He's not going to be arrested. Nor is Trump, and of course Johnson is going to get away with his shenanigans as well.

This is the way.
yes thats what the point was saying, he of course wont be arrested and instead the one tangible effect is it makes having a peace deal much harder if there is an imperative to prosecute as opposed to agree on some kind of compromise

yes thats what the point was saying, he of course wont be arrested and instead the one tangible effect is it makes having a peace deal much harder if there is an imperative to prosecute as opposed to agree on some kind of compromise
You don't think he should stand trial for his war crimes?

just read an interesting comment that the putin arrest warrant is counterproductive, in that it won't ever be enacted, but it does have the impact of complicating any future 'peace' deal.

Have you got a link? Yeah I can see that being the case tbh, although I think a chance of any deal looks further off than before.

You don't think he should stand trial for his war crimes?
I would love nothing more, although the queue of people id like to see banged up for life for their part in what is in my mind the worst crime it is humanly possible to commit - nondefensive war - is very long and includes people like John Prescott (deputy pm to Blair and with sufficient access to briefings etc to justify full knowledge in supporting and passing the Iraq invasion)

just read an interesting comment that the putin arrest warrant is counterproductive, in that it won't ever be enacted, but it does have the impact of complicating any future 'peace' deal.

Nothing on it making the current friendlies and neutrals less keen on openly dealing with him, thus making it more difficult/expensive for Ru to re-equip, thus making either a Ru military defeat, or a political withdrawal more likely?

Nothing on how it effects Putin's ability to act on behalf of the various Ru power structures and therefore being (a bit) less use to them?

As you typed that out, did you think at all?

They already do that, don’t they? Also works internationally, I got a text warning of extreme weather when I was in Portugal at Christmas.

I also get occasional messages about power cuts in a city I haven’t lived in for seven years, but guess that must be something I signed up for in the small print with a previous supplier.
disable the state from your phone; it's easy in notifications :)

tbf this will end with him either mystricaly fucking himself out of a locked window or a bullet in the back of his head

don't see him make it to a count to be prosecuted

I was going to post the same, Putin knows he's dead meat for his fuck up if he doesn't keep throwing more of his people into the meat grinder to keep his war going, it's just a question of how long others in powerful positions within Russia are going to put up with it before he's offed anyway.

Back
Top Bottom