Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Ukraine and the Russian invasion, 2022-24

Didn't Odessa lose all its power yesterday after Iranian drone attacks?
They fixed the cold weather problems, reportedly. Odessa was targeted because they can fly in over the sea without being spotted or challenged by Gepards or other land-based AA stuff. UA intelligence reckons there’s a new agreement with Iran providing up to 6000 drones, plus assistance in setting up a factory within Russia.

The average lifespan of Wagner recruits at the front lines is reportedly nine days. Grim. I wonder if there’s any regime elements seeing this as a way to dispose of ‘criminal elements’ in society.
if I was one of these guys I would just fuck straight off as soon as I was deployed either that or surrender to the first Ukrainian I saw.

What's the source for this?
The most senior US general estimates that around 100,000 Russian and 100,000 Ukrainian soldiers have been killed or injured in the war in Ukraine.
Gen Mark Milley, chairman of the US Joint Chiefs of Staff, also suggested that around 40,000 civilians had died after being caught up in the conflict.
The estimates are the highest offered yet by a Western official.

-10 November

Remarkable headline from The Times a few days ago . The USA gives permission to a country that was attacked that it can attack the assailant's country

FjuwjBvWYAEkFHm

Remarkable headline from The Times a few days ago . The USA gives permission to a country that was attacked that it can attack the assailant's country

FjuwjBvWYAEkFHm

It's not that suprising though is it? The US were understandly concerned when they started supplying missile systems that if they were deployed against Russia itself then it would be seen as serious escalation. But wiping out Ukraines civilian infrastructure is pretty escalating as it goes...

It's not that suprising though is it? The US were understandly concerned when they started supplying missile systems that if they were deployed against Russia itself then it would be seen as serious escalation. But wiping out Ukraines civilian infrastructure is pretty escalating as it goes...
Yes I take that point , however, Isn't the article in The Times talking about a green light to the use of Ukraine made/modified drones though? There is speculation later in the article about American long range missiles but the headline is focussed on Ukranian drones.

I appreciate that you may not have read the article so attached below

Back
Top Bottom