Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

UK captains of industry have charity night where they sexually assault young female 'hostesses'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Or, of course the agency could have hired a different type of hostess. There is no shortage of women who want £150 cash in hand plus free booze. A simple notice on the door saying 'workshy debs need not apply' might help, but otherwise a no nonsense approach from the lady doing the hiring might have avoided a lot of embarrassing headlines.
So, what you're saying is that the women complained about being assaulted in the workplace because - and do correct me if I'm wrong - they were the wrong sort of woman.

Eta. Fair point Kabbes.

Or, of course the agency could have hired a different type of hostess. There is no shortage of women who want £150 cash in hand plus free booze. A simple notice on the door saying 'workshy debs need not apply' might help, but otherwise a no nonsense approach from the lady doing the hiring might have avoided a lot of embarrassing headlines.

they didn't want hookers as a they'd be too expensive
b lower the tone:facepalm:

Your avatar looks vaguely familiar. Not in a good way.

Seems to be no shortage of returning banned posters, either

they didn't want hookers as a they'd be too expensive
b lower the tone:facepalm:

Nail on the head.

I don't have any issue with parties like this tbh but employees should know exactly what's involved.

The moral outrage is a bit misdirected I think.
This idea that anyone who was even there is complicit is overboard. How many men have been to lap dancing clubs on stag dos? Or women in crowds of groping women on hen nights? just because you're there doesn't mean you're complicit, no more than anyone on these boards whose been somewhere like that and sat quietly drinking your overpriced beer and cringing.

If a girl wants to be paid to be groped by rich men then fine but that should be in the job description.

As the law stands that'd be impossible. They tried a bait and switch instead and coerced girls into being abused. It's not going to fly anymore, today's women aren't scared to speak out. Good.

I bet some of those blokes are likely attempting to pay off the girls right now.

Nail on the head.

I don't have any issue with parties like this tbh but employees should know exactly what's involved.

The moral outrage is a bit misdirected I think.
This idea that anyone who was even there is complicit is overboard. How many men have been to lap dancing clubs on stag dos? Or women in crowds of groping women on hen nights? just because you're there doesn't mean you're complicit, no more than anyone on these boards whose been somewhere like that and sat quietly drinking your overpriced beer and cringing.

If a girl wants to be paid to be groped by rich men then fine but that should be in the job description.

As the law stands that'd be impossible. They tried a bait and switch instead and coerced girls into being abused. It's not going to fly anymore, today's women aren't scared to speak out. Good.

I bet some of those blokes are likely attempting to pay off the girls right now.
Yeh. Not morally complicit. Despite the testimony of one woman who'd worked it before five years ago indicating this sort of thing had gone on before. I'm sure it would have come as a surprise to the male attendees if groping wasn't on the menu

How many men have been to lap dancing clubs?

I'd be mildly interested to find out,

I've never been to one. It would never cross my mind to go to one. It's never come up as a possibility or suggestion either.

Have I just been lucky?

*Shuffles off to create thread with poll*

I've never been to one. It would never cross my mind to go to one. It's never come up as a possibility or suggestion either.

Have I just been lucky?

I've never been to a lap dance club. I don't see the appeal.

Have I just been lucky?

Most of the men I know have I think, either via work when entertaining clients or at stag dos. I've never been, always managed to get out of it.

Never worked anywhere where it was part of the culture and on the few times it's been suggested on stag nights I and a few others have managed to swerve the group away and towards a decent night of ecstacy fuelled raving.

Yeh. Not morally complicit. Despite the testimony of one woman who'd worked it before five years ago indicating this sort of thing had gone on before. I'm sure it would have come as a surprise to the male attendees if groping wasn't on the menu

I'm sure most people there knew full well what the score was but for the staff especially there was enough ambiguity to kid yourself into thinking it was something a bit different. I don't think anyone necessarily needs to lose their job just by dint of being there, pretty much all my male friends would be out of a job this morning if that's the standard we follow.

Groping literally wasn't on the menu, they had "no groping allowed " on the flyer didn't they? but yeah, ambiguity. Same as a club that might have a strict no drugs policy yet everyone inside is battered.

Legalize the drugs, legalize the prostitution and let everyone do their shit unhindered and under the protection of the law.

In an ideal society, this sort of event wouldn't happen.

But given that we're not in an ideal society ....

The women who took the job at the gig were told they'd be wearing skimpy outfits and "matching underwear" at a mens' only event. What did they think was going to happen?

Groping literally wasn't on the menu, they had "no groping allowed " on the flyer didn't they? but yeah, ambiguity. Same as a club that might have a strict no drugs policy yet everyone inside is battered.

Legalize the drugs, legalize the prostitution and let everyone do their shit unhindered and under the protection of the law.
I've missed that, unless we are talking about another event. However, anything that needs to have a no groping policy on its publicity... well, that tells you exactly what kind of event it is.

And do you think that was about protecting the staff or the organisers?

The organisers obviously, I'm not defending the organisers.

I'm making comment about the mixed messages the organisers are sending. no groping allowed yet girls should wear black underwear, "most un pc event of the year", parade of girls at the beginning, NDAs, confiscated mobiles, girls seen not to be engaging with the men, pushed to engage, "You just have to put up with the annoying men and if you can do that it's fine" :rolleyes:

The organisers obviously, I'm not defending the organisers.

I'm making comment about the mixed messages the organisers are sending. no groping allowed yet girls should wear black underwear, "most un pc event of the year", parade of girls at the beginning, NDAs, confiscated mobiles, girls seen not to be engaging with the men, pushed to engage, "You just have to put up with the annoying men and if you can do that it's fine" :rolleyes:
Not sure where you are going with this. What do you want, a statement saying 'these men have paid lots of money and are entitled to proposition and sexually assault you'?

Treading dangerously close to the 'well she went out dressed like that, what was she expecting?' line of reasoning.

Not at all.

They didn't just "go out" on a normal night out.

They were specifically told it was a men only do, and that they had to wear skimpy dresses and matching underwear. If I was told that, I would turn the job down, because I'd have a very good idea of what sort of evening it would be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom