Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

the urban75 food shortage thread

Not from beef. It is perfectly safer to eat beef raw (that's what steak tartare is - minced raw beef). Back in the better days, I often used to eat raw steak, cooking steak beyond rare renders it fairly nutrition-less. None of the strains of bacteria you mention has ever been found in beef, they're all found in poultry, particularly chicken. Legumes, such as peanuts and soybeans have also been responsible for outbreaks of salmonellosis (disease caused by salmonella infection, causing diarrhoea, fever, abdominal cramps and vomiting). Some species of salmonella cause a form of typhoid.

Toxoplasmosis is contracted from handling cat faeces, not from food.

Fun fact: Humans' gut flora, like the gut flora of most mammals, is predominantly comprised of E. coli.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with eating tongue. Perhaps because I am of northern stock, but I love me a bit of tongue.
Sorry, but that's just not true. It's well known that beef can carry all sorts of bacteria - for example:

How Safe Is Your Ground Beef?

Most processed/tinned foods can kill you.

Ecoil rampant death harbouring tinned Salmon or on other end a parasite so tertible your intestine becomes a different territory.

There were lots of empty shelves in Lidl yesterday, mainly fruit/veg/meat/breads, which I'm hoping is just down to this :hmm:
People going on post Christmas diets is a big on nuts and stuff plus it's the weekend. I was in ALDI last night and despite the place being chocka the shelves were full. I almost purchased an air compressor :oops:

have also not been able to find Tunnocks snowballs for a few weeks and last week or so tomato sauce crisps
:(

I've stocked up over the past 6 months on pasta and rice and tinned veg.
Just in case Brexit fucks up our imports for a while.
Tried stocking up on my meds and the pharmacist would not give me more than one months supply which is all I ever get. Am a bit frightened that my meds could run out.

I've stocked up over the past 6 months on pasta and rice and tinned veg.
Just in case Brexit fucks up our imports for a while.
Luckily I'm a natural hoarder of food so I could probably survive nuclear war. I can't bear to be without lots of food in stock - dried, tinned, frozen - a habit that dates back to when I was really skint and didn't eat for days when I was young.

We got back late last night. The shops were shut. Today is a public holiday, the shops are shut. Before Xmas we ran all our food supplies low. The fridge and freezer are empty.

We are short of everything except avocado, bread, butter, and beer.

I like cauliflower. Only as cauliflower not as rice or whatever but on a Sunday dinner, a bit if cauli with the broccoli and carrots and peas, lovely. I'll cope obviously but cauliflower has its place.
brocolli and cauliflower good at helping to prevent cancer
ive taken to eating brocolli with most hot dinners recently - just 'steam' it in the microwave for 3 minutes with a teaspoon of water

I hope people are enjoying living simply, at home, in the moment, and for the lucky ones, in their gardens. I'm slowly stocking up on long life food supplies to last for three months in case of supply problems and hoping this is not too optimistic.

Back
Top Bottom