Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

the urban75 food shortage thread

I bought 2kg of chick peas the other day. And, just casually, checked out prices of 25kg sacks. It's a significant discount...but I am not sure that I really want piles of 25kg sacks of legumes around the flat. Although they'd make quite good furniture. Hmm...
Probably not a good idea....

Lump of coal for you, you miserable cunt
OfZtxtT.gif

You don't see much tongue on supermarket shelves these days. Is that due to supply shortages, or the squeamishness of contemporary consumers?
Despite the advice that my mother gave me as a child not to eat anything that had been in an animals mouth I love a pressed tongue and salad sandwich.

Reactions: tim
With a side order of E coli, campylobacter, salmonella and lovely parasitic infections. Lovely.

Toxo is thought to manipulate our behaviour especially once it sets up home in the brain.

Not from beef. It is perfectly safer to eat beef raw (that's what steak tartare is - minced raw beef). Back in the better days, I often used to eat raw steak, cooking steak beyond rare renders it fairly nutrition-less. None of the strains of bacteria you mention has ever been found in beef, they're all found in poultry, particularly chicken. Legumes, such as peanuts and soybeans have also been responsible for outbreaks of salmonellosis (disease caused by salmonella infection, causing diarrhoea, fever, abdominal cramps and vomiting). Some species of salmonella cause a form of typhoid.

Toxoplasmosis is contracted from handling cat faeces, not from food.

Fun fact: Humans' gut flora, like the gut flora of most mammals, is predominantly comprised of E. coli.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with eating tongue. Perhaps because I am of northern stock, but I love me a bit of tongue.

Back
Top Bottom