Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

the urban75 food shortage thread

Pickman's model

Starry Wisdom
i'll start you off with news of a shortage of cauliflowers due to the summer's extreme weather:
Britain is experiencing a cauliflower shortage after extreme weather killed off much of this year's crops.

Heavy rainfall in June destroyed crops in Lincolnshire, and alternative European supplies wilted in last month's heatwave.

Cauliflower prices have soared and some farmers have suffered financial losses after the destruction of their crops.

The shortages were described as "very concerning" by a spokesman for the Brassica Growers Association.

Other brassica - including cabbage, broccoli and Brussels sprouts - are also in short supply.

"Crops can withstand a reasonable amount of variation in weather but the conditions in June were too much and as a result crops have suffered, and this is leading to a shortage of supply," the British Growers Association (BGA) said.
Cauliflower crisis as extreme weather kills crops

This is not food......but anyway ......HRT patches.....there is a national issue with supply and demand and for the third time in a year I have had to have it re prescribed. It's also a similar story with medical/surgical equipment -the brand keeps changing. ....or there is none.....
Sorry for the none food derail.

This is not food......but anyway ......HRT patches.....there is a national issue with supply and demand and for the third time in a year I have had to have it re prescribed. It's also a similar story with medical/surgical equipment -the brand keeps changing. ....or there is none.....
no, that's fine

Apparently the government has plans to protect Britons from shocks like the failure of the cauliflower crop by negotiating deals with the vast cauliflower-producing nations in the New World to import them in exchange for manufactured goods like buttons and snuff boxes.

There is a temporary supply problem with one of the components of the glue of he patches, normal service should resume shortly.

Back
Top Bottom