Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

The Ashes 2010/11

And those factors are unique to her?

"Unique" is a very strong word. I doubt any factors are unique to anybody. In combination, they are unique to her of the people I know.

This formed the basis of my groom's speech, by the way, so articulating them isn't just an academic exercise!

True, and itm is, in effect, the home ground of Johnson and Hussey

Gilchrist's whirlwind century at Perth - WA batsman

They have a phrase there: 'Eastern States shots'. Basically, the way you need to play there is very different even from the other Aussie grounds

behold folks, what happens when you let a stats nerd (i.e. kabbes) loose on a cricket thread! :D:p
Embree-i can buy that about Perth, totally.

Are we having a new thread for the 20/20 and one dayers, they're not technically the ashes?

Would rather have a different thread so we can keep this one for discussing proper cricket rather than this... this... shit

Seeing as the tests have finished, I don't see the problem with using the thread for the short games. It's like we've had all our main presents and now we are just messing about with the stocking fillers.

Yeah. You only really need one cricket thread at a time. We can have a World Cup one later in the year, and then perhaps a general summer of 2011 thread after that.

We are getting runs, and they are getting wickets. We could probably still win if both continue at the same rate.

Would it help if you thought of it as a separate sport that utilises some of the same skills as cricket?

That is exactly how I think of it. And, as its own sport, I find it OK but a bit insipid. Worth watching if it's on, but I wouldn't bother putting the telly on for it.

Back
Top Bottom