Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

The American mass shooting thread

Over 400 mass shootings this year.

The month's not even over, but "At least 81 people have been killed in 65 mass shootings in July alone."

The Houston shooting happened just after 1 a.m. on Saturday at Margaret Jenkins Park in the southern part of the city as a birthday party was ending, police and witnesses said. Killed in the shooting was a 21-year-old woman, identified by her family as Autumn Vallian.

Vallian's mother, Ebony Vallian, told ABC station KTRK in Houston, the shooting occurred as she and her daughter were attempting to leave the party when at least two people engaged in an argument, pulled guns and started shooting.

"I looked back and my baby was down on the ground. Gone," Ebony Vallian said. "I lost my baby. She was in school, trying to get a job, trying to become something, and she's gone now."

ShotSpotter gunfire detection technology in the area recorded 36 gunshots fired in the incident, which left four other people wounded, according to the Houston Police Department.

So fucking sad. And pointless.

Mass shooting at a punk show:

A shooting at a south Minneapolis house during a punk rock show on Friday night left one person dead and at least six injured, one critically, police said.

Minneapolis police officers responded to the punk venue Nudieland on the 2200 block of 16th Avenue S. about 10:15 p.m. Friday. Gunfire reportedly struck a crowd of people hanging out in the backyard. Early information indicated that two men walked up the alley and began shooting, police said.

Arriving officers found multiple people with gunshot wounds. Officers also later learned that additional people had gone to hospitals with gunshot wounds.

One person in their 30s died at the scene, police said. Another has "a potentially life-threatening" gunshot wound, while four others have noncritical injuries.

Two suspects reportedly fled on foot. No arrests have been made.

BBC News - Jacksonville shooting: Racist gunman kills three black people in Florida store
I've said it before and no doubt I'll say it again but why can't these racist shits just skip the part where they shoot other people and just go straight to the shooting themselves bit?

More details here. He seems to be both a madman and entirely lucid, according to the sheriff. Sheriff Waters also goes on to say that the problem isn't availability of guns, but with the killer being a bad guy.

BBC News - Jacksonville shooter, 21, who killed three 'wrote racist manifestos'

This is about a mile from my house:

LINCOLN, Neb. (KOLN) - Four people were shot and hospitalized with non-life-threatening injuries after an incident in downtown Lincoln, according to LPD.

Capt. Duane Winkler told 10/11 News at the scene that officers were called to the area of 14th and O Streets at 12:45 a.m. for multiple reports of gunshots.

As the incident played out, police were directed to the area outside the Cornhusker Hotel, where one of the victims was taken to an area hospital by Lincoln Fire and Rescue for a non-life-threatening gunshot wound.

Officers proceeded to close off and initiate an investigation in the area of O Street between 13th and 14th, along with 13th Street between O and N.

This area is fine during the day, but I avoid it when the bars close. All of the university students pour out onto the streets about 12:30 drunk and not ready to go home yet. We used to go to a home party or over to Denny's to annoy the waitress with our drunken antics. Now they just hand around downtown and fight.

Last edited:
When someone's shot and then taken to hospital in the US, do they get presented with a huge bill on leaving?

They generally send it to you after it's been run through your insurance. That takes anywhere from two weeks to several months. One bill I had was disputed between insurance and the hospital. I still have no idea how it was resolved three years later, but I haven't gotten a bill.

But if you don't have insurance you'll be doubly fucked?

Oh yeah.*

* Most hospitals have a department where they review bills and see what can be done to either create a payment schedule, forgive part of the bill, or have the bill forgiven entirely. I have seen entire bills forgiven under the right circumstances. One friend had his forgiven, but he was destitute and terminally ill so they weren't going to get paid anyway.

Back
Top Bottom