Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

The American mass shooting thread

I

I can see where the idea for the movie The Purge came from. I'm a brit in Canada and was planning on heading South a few times to explore but frankly I'm a bit reticent these days.
There is a reason almost every post apocalypse/zombie film is in the US, not just filmed there, but set as being there. They have fuckloads of guns. Look at Shaun of the dead, they found a sketchy winchester and that was an antique they thought would not work.

This is not a shooting in the States, but in a small town half an hour away.

Police responded to a complaint that a shot was fired in an apartment. It was an ambush. All three police were shot - one dead, two in hospital.

Second set of police took the murderer into custody.

difference between the two countries

we won't be back on saturday night talking about another one in toronto

Canada matching gun ownership

NOWCAST WBAL-TV 11 News Today
Watch on Demand
WBAL-TV 11 News and Weather

Weather

I-Team: Parents concerned about man with assault rifle at school bus stop

Updated: 9:43 PM EDT May 18, 2023
Tolly Taylor
WBAL-TV I-Team Reporter
SEVERN, Md. —

Parents are concerned about a man who is regularly spotted carrying an AR-15 semi-automatic rifle at a school bus stop in Severn.

Jamie Sparrow, a Severn Elementary School parent, recorded a cell phone video Wednesday showing the man with an AR-15 in his hands at the bus stop where his 6-year-old daughter gets off. Parents said the man, J'den McAdory, has been there for drop-offs for weeks.
Advertisement

"They train to hide if this thing enters their school, and it's right there," said parent Michael Haley. "How can they not be a little nervous about that? How can it not give them anxiety?"

Haley said his family had guns growing up. Still, he's been driving his three kids home from school using a different route recently, so his kids don't have to see the man standing there.

Sparrow said he has seen the man there for three weeks.

"I feel like if we don't do something about it now, then we'll be talking again, and it'll be too late at that point," Sparrow told the I-Team. "I think that lives could be lost (or) people could be harmed."

McAdory said what he's doing is not about scaring parents or children -- it's about protesting the recent gun control measures Gov. Wes Moore signed into law.

"Guns can be safe if it's controlled by the right person," McAdory said. "I really wasn't coming out here for the kids. I was coming out here to show people that this is legal."

Moore's office provided a statement, saying, "To stem the tide of gun violence and create safer, stronger communities, we need partnership – not shallow acts of cowardice and intimidation. Scaring our kids and threatening our communities won’t help make Maryland safe. The governor won’t allow these tactics to stop his administration from taking common-sense steps to protect our communities. He condemns this behavior and will keep fighting to build a safer Maryland."

One part of the new law, which takes effect Oct. 1: It prohibits someone from carrying a gun in areas "for children or vulnerable adults," like a school or health care facility.

As McAdory spoke with the I-Team, drivers stopped to react. Some cheered, while others shouted complaints.

"You (are) a clown," one person said.

"I really want people to understand," he said. "I mean no harm to no one. I'm actually a deterrent away from the crime we always have here."

| VIDEO: "I guess you're the bowling ball if we're the bowling pins."

He also said his local neighborhood pays for a police officer to park in the area most nights to deter crime. But McAdory said he and other neighbors can do that for free.

Anne Arundel County police said in a statement that McAdory is permitted to do what he's doing under Maryland law, and that officers "are in the area to help ease growing concerns between students and parents."

Haley says McAdory has made his point and wants him to stop what he's doing.

"I wouldn't want my kids walking by someone holding a couple of meat cleavers in their hands, either," Haley said.

Sparrow said McAdory made a concerning comment when he walked by Sparrow and his family recently.

"(McAdory) said, 'You guys are looking at me like a bunch of scared bowling pins,'" said Sparrow. "Wow, I guess you're the bowling ball if we're the bowling pins."

Anne Arundel County Public Schools spokesman Bob Mosier sent a statement to the I-Team, saying: "We delayed dismissal at Severn Elementary School on Monday and have been working with police and other agencies this week. The school's principal sent a letter today (Thursday) to families about the situation and provided an update on actions taken."

Severn Elementary School Principal Isaphine Smith wrote in her letter that police are increasing their presence in the vicinity of the school's bus stops to help alleviate fear and anxiety.

She offered the following tips:

Parents and guardians are asked to increase their presence at bus stops.
Advise children that they should ask the man to leave them alone and walk away from him if they are approached by him.
Report any interactions with the man to the school or police as soon as possible. Any safety concern can also be reported anonymously to the Safe Schools Maryland Tip Line at 833-MD-B-SAFE. That line is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Callers to that line can remain anonymous.
School counselors are available for students, especially if a child needs to share how he or she feels about this or any other incident. Students who have such a need are asked to seek any staff member for assistance.

McAdory said that earlier Thursday, he came to an agreement with school officials to no longer publicly protest during school pickup or drop off times.

Strange one (not that they aren't all).

Two people were killed and 15 were injured in a mass shooting at a street party of around 200 people in Michigan.
At least three people among the injured were struck by cars, WNEM-TV reported.

Videos from the moment before the shooting showed a huge crowd of people dancing to music.

Following the shooting, people frantically ran for cover while some tended to an injured woman.

Multiple suspects are expected after investigators determined five different guns were fired in the shooting.

No arrests have been made yet.

The initial shooting led to others firing back into the crowd in response, police said.

“Police were nearby, preparing to disperse the crowd in this new location, when multiple 911 callers reported that people were shooting into the crowd at approximately 12am on June 24,” the press release said.

Authorities added that it began after “a fight broke out between partygoers resulting in gunshots being fired. In response, others in the crowd began shooting into the crowd, striking several victims. As people fled the scene, many were injured after being struck by fleeing vehicles”.

The initial shooting led to others firing back into the crowd in response, police said.
:eek: the response from the good guys with guns we hear about?

5 dead in Philadelphia yesterday no clear motive so far

Five people have been killed and two children wounded after a man wearing a bullet-proof vest opened fire in the US city of Philadelphia.
The suspected attacker, a 40-year-old man who is now in custody, was carrying an AR-15-style rifle, a handgun, a police scanner and ammunition.

Why the fuck should any fucking twat be allowed to own lethal shit like this?

1688492543686.png

Because there's something called the Second Amendment.

Now to most people this appears to give the right to be part of a militia, just in case the federal government gets too big for its boots. (Let's leave out for the moment whether this would work, then or now.)

Some Americans interpret it as meaning that everyone should be entitled to own any kind of bullet-firing weapon. This seems insane to pretty much everyone else. For that matter, it seems insane to lots of Americans.

However, you will not get through to people who believe that they have a right to own this sort of thing. Trust me, we've all tried.

Bang your head against the wall if you must. I know, it's tempting. But all you end up with is a nagging pain in your head, and maybe some flaking paint.

View attachment 381887

tbf in the UK you can own a .22 magnum version of the above weapon or a single shot version in any calibre if you pass fairly strict rules.
in the US you can own an actual machine gun if you pass a federal background check keep it in a safe when not shooting cleaning or cuddling
with it:D. etc etc
The difference is
the last person killed with a legal machine gun was in 1984!. Strict conditions background checks storage rules appear to work who knew?:hmm:

also the 2nd amendment was about defending the state in case SASS and friends came back demanding back taxes and a cuppa:D
rather than being even more revolting than usal.

they shouldn't, but...

"The term "bearable arms" was defined in District of Columbia v. Heller, 554 U.S. 570 (2008) and includes any ""[w]eapo[n] of offence" or "thing that a man wears for his defence, or takes into his hands," that is "carr[ied] . . . for the purpose of offensive or defensive action." 554 U. S., at 581, 584 (internal quotation marks omitted)." "

I couldn't find the expression 'thoughts and prayers' expressed apart from Biden who used the word 'prayers'.

I guess the NRA and Repubs must realise even their voters must be getting tired of this bullshit.

Grim stuff indeed

By the reckoning of the Gun Violence Archive, the US is on track for one of the worst years of mass shootings. The database has identified 350 such incidents so far this year and warns that should the pace remain steady through the second half of the year, the final total for 2023 could reach 679: about double that recorded in 2018.

And this is just plain fucked up beyond belief@

The greatest fatality in a single incident over the long weekend was seen in Philadelphia, where five people were killed when a shooter wearing a bulletproof vest and bearing an assault rifle went on a random rampage on Monday night.

The youngest person to die was 15. A two-year-old boy was shot four times in the legs and a 13-year-old was shot twice in the legs. On Wednesday, both were listed in stable condition.

Maybe it’s time to start a go fund me to get the Bud light Lass to pose armed to the teeth😂.
Ar15=trans support watch the ammosexuals panic😂.

Also the idiots keep talking about arming teachers knowing damm well there’s no money for pens let alone guns and bullets,A solution Cuba 🇨🇺 Being an old school soviet client state it’s going to have warehouses full of guns!

Could you imagine Desatans face if the evil commies™️offer to donate a load of pistols😂.

Back
Top Bottom