Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

The American mass shooting thread

Finally, a solution to help save children's lives in school

If you vote for this you never get to comment about a book in a library

Beau's good and angry in this one and rightly so - training third graders to be, basically, combat medics. But then it is Texas

Whoever introduced that bill has missed one of the most basic principles of adulting--you don't make children responsible for adult created problems. What a cowardly bill from a cowardly lawmaker.

I wouldn't even get through customs who are notoriously unfriendly to anyone who doesn't look mainstream. Enjoyed my visits in the 80s but wouldn't want to go again.

Murdering children (and/or adults) seems to be a daily occurrence in the States - here is the latest one.

One or more shooters opened fire on a child playing in the front yard of a Kansas home, killing him, authorities said.

The attack Wednesday evening in Kansas City, Kansas, when it was still daylight, doesn’t appear to have been a “random act,” police Maj. Violeta Magee told reporters at the scene. Police didn’t release the name or age of the child but described him as a “young juvenile.”

Officers found the wounded boy in the front yard. He was taken to a hospital, where he was pronounced dead, Magee said.

Police found more than 30 shell casings at the scene. They are looking for a maroon Subaru Legacy with a missing front bumper that may be connected to the attack.

Police haven’t said whether they think more than one person was involved in the attack, or whether the intended target was the boy or the adult he was with. Police didn’t immediately respond Thursday to phone and email messages seeking additional information.

the above incident was yesterday - here is todays murders

Officials in south Georgia say a man killed three people before eventually killing himself on Thursday.

The man allegedly killed his mother and grandmother at neighboring homes, and then went to a McDonald's restaurant in Moultrie, where he killed another woman, Colquitt County Coroner Verlyn Brock said.

The man then went on to kill himself, Brock said.

It's unclear if the man knew the person who was killed at the McDonald's, the coroner added.

Georgia Bureau of Investigation Special Agent Jamy Steinberg said in a statement to Fox News Digital that the agency has "responded to multiple scenes."

Whoever introduced that bill has missed one of the most basic principles of adulting--you don't make children responsible for adult created problems. What a cowardly bill from a cowardly lawmaker.

Realistic trauma care training would be traumatic for 8yr old children. Also, expensive tourniquets would save lives a child hit center of mass with a rifle is not going to be saved by a chest seal. This is feel-good legislation that just adds to the horror of active shooter drills.

Last edited:
cars, too

"He's being very uncooperative at the hospital, but he will be transported to our city jail as soon as he gets released," Sandoval said. "Then we'll fingerprint him and [take a] mug shot, and then we can find his true identity."

no conclusions, it could have been unintentional. but that's not going to bring those people back.

cars, too

"He's being very uncooperative at the hospital, but he will be transported to our city jail as soon as he gets released," Sandoval said. "Then we'll fingerprint him and [take a] mug shot, and then we can find his true identity."

no conclusions, it could have been unintentional. but that's not going to bring those people back.

I just saw this incident reported on Canadian tv, they basically said the collision was because of running a red light.

I'd already read a bunch of articles on the collision, so I doubt it was excess speed and loss of control.

I guess we will find out soon.

Why so many mass killings? Families, experts seek answers
08/05/23
The fact is, though they are less common than other gun deaths, the mass killings keep happening — 20 years after Columbine, 10 years after Sandy Hook, five years after Las Vegas, and less than one year after massacres at a supermarket in Buffalo, New York, and an elementary school in Uvalde, Texas.

Which leads back to the same haunting question: Why?

People who study such violence are also perplexed by the sustained pace of the brutality.

“We have plenty of examples of things that seem to be at the breaking point in this country,” said Katherine Schweit, a former FBI executive who created the agency’s active shooter protocol after Sandy Hook. “When I was asked to work on this in 2013, I didn’t ever imagine 10 years later I’d still be working on the same thing.”

Serbia's starting to tackle it after just two.

Days after two mass shootings left 17 people dead in Serbia, the European country's Interior Ministry urged citizens Sunday to turn in all unregistered weapons or run the risk of a prison sentence.

In the US admittedly it's mainly registered guns that are the problem but seems a good place to start.

In the US admittedly it's mainly registered guns that are the problem but seems a good place to start.

And also legally held guns that are stolen from homes and cars.

Gun advocates often mention armed criminals as reason why they should have guns. It's not clear how many guns are stolen each year but estimates are between 200,000 and 500,000

And also legally held guns that are stolen from homes and cars.

Gun advocates often mention armed criminals as reason why they should have guns. It's not clear how many guns are stolen each year but estimates are between 200,000 and 500,000

Whilst I don't agree, it's about the only argument they make that I can actually understand.

OK, the powers that be are far too hung up on some shit written over two hundred years ago to do anything about the guns themselves. However, is there anything in the constitution which prevents the lawmakers legislating against the sale and supply of ammunition?

OK, the powers that be are far too hung up on some shit written over two hundred years ago to do anything about the guns themselves. However, is there anything in the constitution which prevents the lawmakers legislating against the sale and supply of ammunition?

The Second Amendment to the Constitution, on which modern-day arguments for widespread gun ownership rest, is one simple sentence: “A well regulated militia, being necessary for the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.” There’s not a lot to go on about what the Framers meant, although in their day, to “bear arms” meant to be part of an organized militia.

As the Tennessee Supreme Court wrote in 1840, “A man in the pursuit of deer, elk, and buffaloes might carry his rifle every day for forty years, and yet it would never be said of him that he had borne arms; much less could it be said that a private citizen bears arms because he has a dirk or pistol concealed under his clothes, or a spear in a cane.”

Well, this is awful

My state recently legalized conceal carry for everyone. Previously, you had to take a class and apply for a background check. In at least one case, this kept a famous neo-Nazi from obtaining a permit:

Gary Lauck can conceal carry all he wants now.

hmm the fact that a guy who extradited from Europe for being a neo nazi can still get access to firearms if just the start of the scary part of gun laws across america

sure he not full of hate or planning to use all the bomb plans he has gathered over the years

let give him access to guns and black powder and other things

I think I’ve come up with a solution.

As more guns make things safer (apparently) then logically make guns mandatory for all ages. Concealed carry for all. No limits on past criminal records.

Also on a more selfish note i really enjoy shooting breakdowns on YouTube so more entertainment for me.

Everyone’s a winner!

Thoughts and Prayers!!

(this is parody BTW)

Back
Top Bottom