Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

The American mass shooting thread

230418135933-kevin-monahan-mugshot.jpg

Die in prison, you piece of shit.

Meanwhile, in North Carolina

BBC News - Six-year-old shot after basketball rolls into North Carolina man's yard

Kinda looks like someone snapping for other reasons than a basketball. Obv had other troubles.

Not sure this one even qualifies for the mass shooting tracker. Which is scary, but then this thread only touches on a small number of US mass shootings as it is.

No fatalities, thankfully

BBC News - Texas shooting: Nine teenagers shot at prom after-party
What a fucked up country. The NRA are about as close to evil as you can get.

Firearm incidents are now the leading cause of death for American children and teenagers, according to the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

Also heard the story of a guy who was going on a dinner date with someone, who got scammed for $40 by a fake car park attendant. Apparently the guy found out while inside the restaurant, went out and shot the scammer dead, and then returned to his date. Told her that he scared them off. His date only discovered the truth a couple of days later and dobbed him in.

Why the fuck would you murder someone over forty dollars?!

That's just the latest in a series of absolutely fucking baffling reasons to end the life of another human being. Others include knocking on the wrong door, getting in the wrong car, attempting to make a delivery, having some kid's basketball roll onto your lawn, because some other road user pissed you off, the list seems endless. What the fuck is this social sickness in which people reach for their guns over shit that wouldn't even come to blows anywhere else in the world?!

My dad lives in the US, and I'm starting to actually get worried about him. He's rich and lives in a very wealthy part of the country, but given that any fucking psycho piece of shit can get their hands on a firearm no questions asked, that hardly seems like any level of protection. I haven't seen him in years and I would absolutely fall apart if he died some fucking stupid pointless death because some paranoid fascist would rather murder someone than admit an error.

He was born over here but he thinks the US is the bee's knees, plus he's got an American wife with significant health issues, so the chances that I might be able to convince him to return to the UK where it's safer are going to be very remote. I don't want to lose my father like that, not before I have the chance to see him again. 😥

I literally just saw this on Twitter. So fucking depressing :(

gunman still at large.

this article has a bit more info:

She said that neighbors would frequently shoot firearms on weekends and holidays and that the sound of gunshots overnight was normal.

Depressing and frightening

so known to the cops to shoot firearms when it suited him and no legal ramifications because of freedom...

shoots up his neighbours to pack it in for an evening

very scary

She said that neighbors would frequently shoot firearms on weekends and holidays and that the sound of gunshots overnight was normal.

Depressing and frightening
Oh man oh man.

"When authorities arrived at the location, they found several victims shot at the property, police said. Three of the deceased were females and two were males, including the youngest, an 8-year-old boy.

Two female victims were discovered in the bedroom lying on top of two surviving children, authorities told ABC News.

Three minors were located uninjured, but covered in blood. They were transported to a local hospital.

this particular unhinged gun lunatic story made me a bit sad. he probably watches too much Fox News and sits scared in his home that everything is out to get him. not sad for him, but sad for the state of that country and what has happened.

this particular unhinged gun lunatic story made me a bit sad. he probably watches too much Fox News and sits scared in his home that everything is out to get him. not sad for him, but sad for the state of that country and what has happened.

This stuff feeds on itself. Paranoia leading to more shootings leading to the media having more fodder to increase paranioa…

Back
Top Bottom