Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

The 2024 UK General Election - news, speculation and updates

So, did they all individually think "ooooh I can make some cash out of this" and all individually run to the bookies because that wouldn't actually have occurred to me. Or were they all in the same meeting and a cry went up round the room "fuck it lads we're out of here" with a resultant crush at the doorway?

So, did they all individually think "ooooh I can make some cash out of this" and all individually run to the bookies because that wouldn't actually have occurred to me. Or were they all in the same meeting and a cry went up round the room "fuck it lads we're out of here" with a resultant crush at the doorway?
Party and its machine are a self-selecting cohort of utter cunts.

As Gove has acknowledged,

Sky News is quoting him comparing it to party-gate, 'it gives the impression it's one rule for them, and another for us.'

There's another comparison, this dip feeding of the story is going to cause more damage, over a longer period than otherwise, and make Sunak look increasingly weak and stupid, for not suspending the two standing in the GE, when two officials have been, although they're calling it 'leave of absence', and the Met has also suspended the cop involved in this.

Do we know how much Nick Mason put down? Is he another 100-quid-idiot?

The Sunday Times is claiming he made 'dozens of bets* had been placed with potential winnings worth thousands of pounds.'

* Each under £100, which someone on here said is normally the tipping point for investigations to go ahead.

Here's their report - https://archive.ph/fl3jJ

Only just read the Sunday Times' article, reading between the lines, they have more names to dip feed over the coming days.

The Sunday Times can reveal that the three Tories already known to be under investigation are not the only ones.

The commission’s inquiry, which is looking at any bets placed before May 1, has identified several more people who may have placed bets while having first-hand knowledge of when the election would be called.

The watchdog’s inquiry is split into two parts, with these people — said to number fewer than ten — categorised as the “first wave”.

There is also a much larger group, numbering several dozen, who are being looked at as part of a “second wave”. Little is known about these people, but it is thought that they may be associates or contacts of people in the first wave.

I'll be hiring out deckchairs and selling popcorn on Worthing's beach this week. :thumbs:

Sky News is quoting him comparing it to party-gate, 'it gives the impression it's one rule for them, and another for us.'

There's another comparison, this dip feeding of the story is going to cause more damage, over a longer period than otherwise, and make Sunak look increasingly weak and stupid, for not suspending the two standing in the GE, when two officials have been, although they're calling it 'leave of absence', and the Met has also suspended the cop involved in this.

They were already doomed before this started, but it's going to continue to dominate the news and make it impossible for any positive campaigning to turn things around.

I also think this issue will cut through with voters much more than Sunak leaving the D-Day Day out a bit early.

They were already doomed before this started, but it's going to continue to dominate the news and make it impossible for any positive campaigning to turn things around.

I also think this issue will cut through with voters much more than Sunak leaving the D-Day Day out a bit early.
Tbh the Tories were finished with no hope of revival as soon as the election was announced. The gaffes and Reform have though introduced a comic element to it.

The Sunday Times is claiming he made 'dozens of bets* had been placed with potential winnings worth thousands of pounds.'

* Each under £100, which someone on here said is normally the tipping point for investigations to go ahead.
It's so stupid when it's such small amounts - if you're going to potentially fuck your entire career by insider trading, the rewards should at least match the level of risk.

The other question it suggests is "if they're willing to make bets with bookies using insider information, what other profits have they all made from insider knowledge on trade deals and the like?" Does need criminal examination of their bank accounts since they've been in power.

Is there much of a betting market on trade deals?

Back
Top Bottom