Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

The 2024 UK General Election - news, speculation and updates

I don’t even care about football but I’m getting strong Steve Buscemi-with-a-skateboard vibes from both of those photos!

Nobody believes either of those dudes are humans, but it seems they’re being coached on how to appear human by people who don’t know how to do it either.

Not that it matters in the slightest but I think Starmer probably is genuinely into football, he used to play in an amateur side and has talked about it for years. Brought up in Surrey and minted so Arsenal obv.

Tbf my entire impression of Starmer is based on a boss I once had that he really reminds me of. As in a functional (mostly) alcoholic, working class but far from poor background he never shut up about, really boring manner - he droned on and on, a petty obsession with trivial rules but only when it suited him, a complete toadying bastard when it came to more senior management, a principle-less hypocrite and a bare faced fucking liar who was full of his own self righteousness. With a nasty streak. He was an Arsenal supporter too. I'm not sure what it is about Starmer that reminds me of him 🤔

Looks like numbers were pretty low till 2015

How many overseas voters are there?
Until 2015 the number of overseas voters registered to vote had never risen above 35,000. However, the number increased after 2015, when there was an overseas voter registration campaign in the run up to the 2015 General Election and interest in the 2016 referendum on the UK’s membership of the EU.

At the UK General Election of 2017, a record 285,000 registered overseas voters were registered (see section 3). At the time, the Government estimated that this was about 20% of eligible expats under the 15-year limit.

At the December 2019 General Election 233,000 overseas voters were registered. This has since declined to 105,000 in December 2021 as overseas numbers tend to decline between elections. Many do not renew their registrations in years when no election is expected.

Just when you think things can't get anymore weird/worst for the Tories, the Conservative Home website has published an article from Farage inviting their readers to 'join the revolt'! :D

We need Reform MPs in Parliament to make our opposition count. We are on the road to making it happen, building the resistance to ensure that Britain under Labour is not a one-party state. My message to ConservativeHome readers is: come on, join the revolt. It’s time.

Britain is broken; Britain needs Reform. You’ve been so badly let down by the Conservative Party that it really must be time for something – and someone – new, who can unite the right. What have you got to lose?

I don’t even care about football but I’m getting strong Steve Buscemi-with-a-skateboard vibes from both of those photos!

Nobody believes either of those dudes are humans, but it seems they’re being coached on how to appear human by people who don’t know how to do it either.
At least Ed Davey didn't try to do a pitch invasion dressed as a lion

Just when you think things can't get anymore weird/worst for the Tories, the Conservative Home website has published an article from Farage inviting their readers to 'join the revolt'! :D

I don't think we've seen any large defections of members conservative associations as yet so maybe he's trying to help that along

Bit tricky when the deadline has already passed :hmm: :D

The only possible way back for Johnson to lead the Tories in the Commons, would be if one of the few Tory MPs left after the GE stood down for a by-election to be held, which is highly unlikely.

If, however that did happen, I would love to see the other parties unite around a single 'not Johnson' candidate, and for them to win, it would be comedy gold.

The only possible way back for Johnson to lead the Tories in the Commons, would be if one of the few Tory MPs left after the GE stood down for a by-election to be held, which is highly unlikely.

If, however that did happen, I would love to see the other parties unite around a single 'not Johnson' candidate, and for them to win, it would be comedy gold.
I could see sunak standing down after the election (assumming he hasn't already lost his seat) :D

Sun is talking bollocks though. Who are they going to suggest next? Truss? :D

If the electorate were given a straight binary choice of "Boris Johnson" or "Not Boris Johnson", is there a single constituency out there who would send him back to parliament?

Isn't blustercunt banned from entering the parliamentary estate? Be a bit hard to be PM if you're not allowed through the gates...

He is, for 'X' number of days, IIRC he would have to serve that time if re-elected before being allowed back in the commons, but this isn't going to happen anyway, the Sun is just being weird, as usual.

I think the Cricket Test should be applied to Rishi.....
.... not that I give a shit about which team he supports, I'd just like to see him facing one of those 100 mph bowling machines. Without a bat.

I'd settle for him being humiliated as Piers Morgan was by Brett Lee, bowling in third gear but still able to hit him four times in one over.

I see no reason not to assume that Starmer is as genuine a Woolwich fan as Jeremy Corbyn or Osama Bin Laden.

BoZo was very good at projecting his affable Man of the People image and he got away with for a scarily long time. But PM was such a high profile position that he was inevitably found out. I don't doubt he could win a by-election in the right seat but I can't see him winning a GE

Back
Top Bottom