Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

The 2024 UK General Election - news, speculation and updates

hmm what the point of 7 way debate if it's just going to be an hour of people shouting over each other

ah seeming as this is penny "pick me as next leader" highlight reel it entertaining enough

Rayner should of been grilled more before wandering into a bear pit

Farrage doing his normal stick " immigrants immigration bad" why is penny and no one else hitting him on the plan to privatise the NHS into a health insurance model" :hmm:

had an election communication from the vermin today.

all about 'a bright new future'

umm - who's been in office for the last 14 years?

and 'keir starmer needs you to vote lib dem' along with some bullshit about labour is going to increase taxes, put national insurance contributions on pensions, introduce a national ULEZ scheme, and force through Angela Rayner's French style union laws'

wtf?

at least she's got the name of the constituency right this time...
those mostly seem seem like good policies to me

An upper class twit calling his daughter 'Tsarina' with no clue about the irony of that is the best thing I've seen in a while.
Somehow, I think the family deciding to call their daughter Tsarina is possibly less ridiculous than the Telegraph deciding to pick said family as the relatable face of everyday hardworking Brits driven into exile by Labour's deranged tax plans.

hmm well at least this election will highlight the number of Brexit voter who were racist

farrage offering not other opinions during this

voting percentage will be interesting

What even is a tool maker? Like I get that they make tools but fifty years ago even that wasn't done by some bloke sat in a workshop, it was done in a factory. So did he work in a factory? Or did he own the factory? I feel like I know both too much about his dad and also not enough. Schrodinger's tool maker.
His mum was a nurse. Like I get they nurse people...

What even is a tool maker? Like I get that they make tools but fifty years ago even that wasn't done by some bloke sat in a workshop, it was done in a factory. So did he work in a factory? Or did he own the factory? I feel like I know both too much about his dad and also not enough. Schrodinger's tool maker.
From toolmaker to rulemaker

I assume all the comedy has been wrung out of it today but Sunak saying he didn't have Sky Tv!:rolleyes:

This the man who asked a homeless rough sleeper if he was 'in finance' because that's the only way he can relate.

And the 'well not working class' shite.

I think he's sewage, which is ironic. He loves polluting the country with it!

Upper middle classes don't generally put their hands in their pockets for the good of the system beyond the direct interest of their own sprogs, if a school is in trouble they just go for another one.
These rose tinted views of the past are really weird to me. Most of us here are from the generation who were pretty much left to our own devices and roaming the streets from about age 10/11. Attendance at my upper school was pretty much voluntary, you might get in trouble the first time knocking off but if you carried on noone really cared - in fact it was pretty much encouraged if you were disruptive. Most kids at my school left at 15/16 and quite a lot of people left home not long after.

There's been a massive social shift in how we view the role of schools, the supervision and independence of children and young people, parenting styles and the age at which kids can be seen as mature enough to make decisions and fend for themselves (which is mostly a good thing although the narky teenager in me isn't so sure). But still people come out with this we looked after our kids properly in my day not like these young woke slackers. Anyway off topic etc but I just don't get it, it's like they lived a completely different history to me

These rose tinted views of the past are really weird to me. Most of us here are from the generation who were pretty much left to our own devices and roaming the streets from about age 10/11. Attendance at my upper school was pretty much voluntary, you might get in trouble the first time knocking off but if you carried on noone really cared - in fact it was pretty much encouraged if you were disruptive. Most kids at my school left at 15/16 and quite a lot of people left home not long after.

There's been a massive social shift in how we view the role of schools, the supervision and independence of children and young people, parenting styles and the age at which kids can be seen as mature enough to make decisions and fend for themselves (which is mostly a good thing although the narky teenager in me isn't so sure). But still people come out with this we looked after our kids properly in my day not like these young woke slackers. Anyway off topic etc but I just don't get it, it's like they lived a completely different history to me
Oh absolutely, plenty of crap parenting in the past too......though arguably different sorts of crap prevailed

Back
Top Bottom