Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

The 2019 General Election

Anything new or unexpected in Labour’s manifesto then? Everything I’ve skim-read is largely as trailed in advance. I do like it though. Best manifesto I can remember in my adult lifetime, at least.
It's mostly same stuff as 2017. Weird to see news sites leading with labour announce freeze on state pension age increases past 66 when this has been its policy for nearly three years (maybe longer, fuck knows)

I believe the way to win the next election is sensible, well presented policies that work so a Labour government can take care of the welfare system and get a lot done on the most serious issues such as the climate crisis.
Labour can't do anything while they're led by a useless pillock and promote tired old far left ideals so few people want.
As for government control of the internet - that's as fucking stupid as it is terrible and dangerous.
The idea is repulsive.

I believe the way to win the next election is sensible, well presented policies that work so a Labour government can take care of the welfare system and get a lot done on the most serious issues such as the climate crisis.
Labour can't do anything while they're led by a useless pillock and promote tired old far left ideals so few people want.
As for government control of the internet - that's as fucking stupid as it is terrible and dangerous.
The idea is repulsive.

The government already has control of the internet if it wants it, or do you imagine that Virgin Media are going to take to the barricades to defend your privacy and data access?

Out of curiosity, you drone on a lot about 'sensible policies' - so what are they in your mind?

The idea is repulsive.

You have made your view on Corbyn very clear, over & over & over & over again.

We are 3 weeks from the GE, there's not going to be a change of leadership in that period, what will be, will be, so shut the fuck up, you boring twat.

The idea is repulsive.
Oh just fuck off back to 1997 already. Things can only get better eh? Don't bet on it.

• Scrapping the planned rise in the pension age beyond 66 and reviewing the retirement age of those in hard manual jobs
  • Introducing a second homes tax
  • Reversing inheritance tax cuts and imposing VAT on private school fees
  • Giving EU nationals living in UK the automatic right to stay
  • Free broadband for all, delivered by part-nationalising BT
  • £75bn to build 150,000 new council and social homes a year, within five years
  • A £3bn plan to offer adults in England free access to retraining
  • A pledge to reduce all primary school classes to fewer than 30 children
  • An increase in the length of statutory maternity pay from nine months to a year
  • Free personal at-home care in England for over-65s most in need of it
Pension age - good
Second home tax - good, and it'll fuck estate agents over
Inheritance tax - carefully
VAT on private school fees - The idea is fine but the damage it will do to Labour's election chances will mean it's a stupid thing to include. Where did Corbyn go to school?
EU nationals - The idea is fine as long as the EU returns the favour, but the press will kill labour on it
Government controlled internet. OMG!

I'll get to the rest later

You have made your view on Corbyn very clear, over & over & over & over again.

We are 3 weeks from the GE, there's not going to be a change of leadership in that period, what will be, will be, so shut the fuck up, you boring twat.

It should have happened when Johnson got into number 10, but it'll have to wait until after the election now. Safly, Corbyn and his idiot mates have cost Brexit and years of tory shit.

Does that apply to all future governments?
Are you happy to see all your data government controlled?
ok I'll bite. There would need to be safeguards in place - distance between govt ministers and the body running the network, 'independent' monitoring boards, that kind of thing. But that's really no different from what there is with private monopolies operating the networks, and at the very least there is a chance of democratic accountability with a state-owned system.

And if you think your data is safe now, you're wrong. Assume you're being spied on and act from there.

Ever heard of RIPA?

Ever heard of GCHQ?
Ever heard of a law being changed or ignored?

Oh, the PM has been doing a bit of that over the last couple of months, and future PMs could do it again, but with control of your internet.
Are you really telling the world you support government control of the net?

Ever heard of GCHQ?

Oh, the PM has been doing a bit of that over the last couple of months, and future PMs could do it again, but with control of your internet.

I'm telling the world that you really don't understand how the internet works.

Ever heard of GCHQ?

Could you clarify what you mean by 'government control of the net'? I currently connect to the net via private company Plusnet. Are Plusnet thus 'in control over my internet'?

Pension age - good
Second home tax - good, and it'll fuck estate agents over
Inheritance tax - carefully
VAT on private school fees - The idea is fine but the damage it will do to Labour's election chances will mean it's a stupid thing to include. Where did Corbyn go to school?
EU nationals - The idea is fine as long as the EU returns the favour, but the press will kill labour on it
Government controlled internet. OMG!

I'll get to the rest later
please don't

Ever heard of GCHQ?

I wasnt mentioning RIPA with the idea that it protects us, rather the idea that it already enables in law plenty of spooky internet shit.

Back
Top Bottom