Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

The 2019 General Election

Reading between the lines on some of these comments, I’m suspecting a couple of posters on this thread have shares in privatised companies.

I'm intrigued. Somebody off urban, Dr related? Medical or academic?
Academic.He's always laid his cards on the table even when he identified as an anarchist. Hes a mixed bag tbh, excellent on terrorism and on the far right personally I dont understand the vote Tory stuff. He came to interview me as part of his Phd and I spent a fascinating three hours with him chatting. Excellent company despite our political disagreements and a nice bloke.

if the labour policies are so unpopular why are the tory party riffing them?

I don't believe they've suggested nationalising anything so far this week.
The fuckers have stolen the NHS stuff but they'll drop that one after the election. However, they've got their point over, even if it is a lie.

The policies are not unpopular or unrealistic. And Corbyn might be a wanker, sure, but he's not as much of a wanker as Starmer who you want...

The policies are unpopular or Labour would be ahead in the polls.

Corbyn is a wanker, Johnson a far bigger one, but the latter is good at PR so hides it really well.

Academic.He's always laid his cards on the table even when he identified as an anarchist. Hes a mixed bag tbh, excellent on terrorism and on the far right personally I dont understand the vote Tory stuff. He came to interview me as part of his Phd and I spent a fascinating three hours with him chatting. Excellent company despite our political disagreements and a nice bloke.
Is /was he a member of ukip?

Corbyn is a wanker, Johnson a far bigger one, but the latter is good at PR so hides it really well.
This is pointless, you only comprehend politics on the most superficial level and usually even get that wrong. Nobody here has anything but contempt for you, you thick cunt, and it appears you don't think too highly of us either so why don't you just fuck off? There's probably a lib dem or tory wet forum where you'd feel right at home.

I'm not saying this to be nasty, please just fuck off.

If the policies are so shit , and if as you say Corbyn's a wanker, how come he and the policies destroyed May's majority so much she had to jump into bed with the DUP last time ?

Last edited:
If the policies are so shit , and if as you say Corbyn's a wanker, how come he and the policies destroyed Mays's majority so much she had to jump into bed with the DUP last time ?
And why are the Tories tacking left and borrowing labour policies? Why did Owen Smith (who I assume the fuckwit supported) pretend to agree with Corbyn on basically everything?

Please don't answer that troooomp, it will be boring, irritating and wrong so don't bother.

So obvs years of derision from the tory press and opposition from blairites means Corbyn is given a fair hearing. This man, who would have been well within the mainstream of the Labour Party he joined, is now only seen as on the barking left because of people who, like you, want to drive the party to the right as far as they can.

Ex mainstay of p&p here too. I did a few articles with him on the BNP.

Ahhhh, I know who you mean. I met him in passing a few times over the years, always really liked him and appreciated his perspectives on stuff. A bit surprised he's voting Tory. But maybe only a bit!

I'm having a great Alan Moore week so far.

View attachment 190500

That's from 2016 but got dug up by some publication this week. Nails it IMO.

Hmm. Interesting but I think Alan is forgetting his work on Superman and Batman, back in the day. Ok, there's Watchmen with some very dubious superhero characters (see Rorschach) in it but none of them are BAME (afaicr). In trying to skewer the ubermensch in Watchmen and Miracleman, BAME characters were relegated to the sidelines.

And in fairness to comic book creators in the Golden and Silver Age, quite a lot of the artist and writers (Jack Kirby, Stan Lee, Bob Kane, Siegel & Schuster) were Jewish. Not exactly flag wavers for the white supremacists, surely?

I have owned shares, but only ones I was given for various reasons.
I have never bought any and the ones I had were sold quickly as I'm not bothered about such things.
Thank you for clearing that up.

I note you’re not in favour of privatising the NHS further. And yet public ownership, in your estimation, was the source of chaos in rail, the utilities, the Royal Mail, the nationalised industries. Why do you want chaos in the NHS?

Back
Top Bottom