Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

The 2019 General Election

Back to the election, and I will be proven correct when he final results come in.

Best I can see of what's been said so far, it's going to be massively expensive, and the tories are going to land on top of that like a ton of bricks. Yes, Britain needs a lot of affordable housing, but can the target be reached and, will it be worth anything until you control estate agents. The noises about forced buyback of previous sold council housing are great ammo for the tories, regardless of the truth behind the words.
As for hospitals, I think we can all agree they should be in public hands, but not to the exclusion of private care as is being suggested by some - That also applying to schools and leaving the option of private education.
Private postal services are fine, but the royal mail should be 100% public, and I'm concerned at the thought the internet being in government hands for what should be obvious reasons. However, just in case they aren't, imaging what Trump could do in the US if the internet there was state controlled, and what could happen with a future government here.
State control of the internet is way too dangerous so I totally oppose it, as should everyone else.

I had a dream that told me what the result would be. Johnson misses out on a majority again, but only by a couple of seats. Labour loses ground, and Corbyn is forced to resign. The lib dems, having gained a few seats, promptly sell out to Johnson for some pathetic concession or other. This coalition lasts about six months until enough yellow tories join the normal tories to make the arrangement redundant.

We do not leave the EU in 2020.

Could there be a Tory/Liberal coalition again if the numbers go that way?
Johnson is off the hook because his so called deal is clearly a mish mash mess, and the price for Swinson is another referendum.

I doubt they would go for a full coalition, but Davey said explicitly last night that they would support a minority Tory government on a vote-by-vote basis.

every time they pipe up they say something else which makes them look unprincipled opportunists
Do they? I mean, this is the first time they've made it explicit, but it's been the obvious end point of their electoral strategy. I'd say it's a big mis-step to say it out loud now though - it can only increase the flow of anti-tory voters back to Labour.

Do they? I mean, this is the first time they've made it explicit, but it's been the obvious end point of their electoral strategy. I'd say it's a big mis-step to say it out loud now though - it can only increase the flow of anti-tory voters back to Labour.
the master criminal always makes one fatal error and theirs was to admit they'd jump into bed with boris johnson

It's going to eat right into their tactical voters - people who i think may have been keeping the lib-dem polling artificially high nationally over the last few weeks. And then they see stuff like this on top of Davey.

Back
Top Bottom